Sign in to follow this  
Gabe777

My Issues... Who Do We Report To ?

My issues after a few hours are mainly about camera views and controls.

1. Hatswitch is fine in cockpit for panning view... But needs mouse in external. Why ?

2. Panning speed and momentum resets with each flight. Just plain annoying.

3. Quick Views (external) randomly stop working.

4. Why are half the Alaskan airports missing ? Nome is there for example, but no Unalakleet. The UNK VOR/NDB (forget which) is there, but no airport in database. What will happen with Navigation databases like Navigraph or the company they are partnered with. Do they just ignore them ?

5. Saitek trim wheel not recognised at all.

6. Any way of removing the instrument graphics from external view? And can Cinematic view be customised or changed? Just seems to stay in one place.

And finally, on a good note...

7. How can I possibly get 100 FPS over a stormy London city at dusk ... at High Settings and 2K Rez? I thought I would never see that day. 😀👍

Edited by Gabe777

There is a pinned topic where is an address to Zendesk.

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

1 minute ago, Gabe777 said:

Well I'm hoping some people may have solutions ... but thnx. Will hunt it down.

Sorry, I understood that you were asking address to report bugs.

Edited by zemez

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

1) Hat switch for cockpit and external need to be programmed separately in the controls menu (ie do the same thing twice).
6) There is an option to turn this off...I’m not in front of my computer right now but it’s in there somewhere...maybe under views?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

43 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

My issues after a few hours are mainly about camera views and controls.

1. Hatswitch is fine in cockpit for panning view... But needs mouse in external. Why ?

2. Panning speed and momentum resets with each flight. Just plain annoying.

3. Quick Views (external) randomly stop working.

4. Why are half the Alaskan airports missing ? Nome is there for example, but no Unalakleet. The UNK VOR/NDB (forget which) is there, but no airport in database. What will happen with Navigation databases like Navigraph or the company they are partnered with. Do they just ignore them ?

5. Saitek trim wheel not recognised at all.

6. Any way of removing the instrument graphics from external view? And can Cinematic view be customised or changed? Just seems to stay in one place.

And finally, on a good note...

7. How can I possibly get 100 FPS over a stormy London city at dusk ... at High Settings and 2K Rez? I thought I would never see that day. 😀👍

1.: setup the same controls in the external camera (choose also a bind for the camera mode switches (cockpit external view mode)

2.: set those in the general > camera tab

3.: don't have the issue

4.:report to zendesk at microsoft

5.: don't have a saitek

6.: go to general > camera tab and scroll down to the chase plane tab and disable the instrument heads-up (hud)

Edited by awf
  • Upvote 1

André

4 minutes ago, awf said:

1.: setup the same controls in the external camera (choose also a bind for the camera mode switches (cockpit external view mode)

2.: set those in the general > camera tab

3.: don't have the issue

4.:report to zendesk at microsoft

5.: don't have a saitek

6.: go to general > camera tab and scroll down to the chase plane tab and disable the instrument heads-up (hud)

Using the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke which had the switches, hat, etc. automatically populated by the sim.   I've gotten used to how the hat switch was configured (with multiple views of the panel depending on the direction I click it) and the external view.  That said, I'd rather have it set up to PAN both inside the cockpit and in external views.   In addition to the "default" setup of this yoke, I plan to add a modified setup and change the inputs for the hat switch.  Can someone please tell me exactly which inputs to chose in order to do this.   Thanks...

Mike

Yes I'll plug on and see if I can set external views to my hatswitch. Having to reach for a mouse every time is really annoying.
We'll get there .... I hope.

Care off Phil Spencer REF your 4K ULTRA HD 60fps SIM.😄

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

16 hours ago, Spike1950 said:

Using the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke which had the switches, hat, etc. automatically populated by the sim.   I've gotten used to how the hat switch was configured (with multiple views of the panel depending on the direction I click it) and the external view.  That said, I'd rather have it set up to PAN both inside the cockpit and in external views.   In addition to the "default" setup of this yoke, I plan to add a modified setup and change the inputs for the hat switch.  Can someone please tell me exactly which inputs to chose in order to do this.   Thanks...

Mike

Hope someone can show what mapping changes to do!