Sign in to follow this  
av8t0r

PC Download a Major Issue...Windows Patch Coming

I have owned every flightsim scince MSFS 1.  I fly P3D V4 and V5,  and Xplane as well as MSFS.  I purchased MSFS 2020 on 13 July.  After attempts to install to my high end PC which is totally up to date with Windows Ver 2004, I called MS support several times.  Finally getting to a game rep without the call being dropped, I was told first to wait 24 hours and try again.  Today after seeing the same error trying to install to the pc, I called again.  I was told to wait one week for a Windows 10 patch that will fix the install issue.

I was polite and told the rep that paying $130 for a piece of software a month early and then being told to wait another week for an OS patch was not a good thing.  We'll see in a week.  I work in software development...one would think MS would have tested the install thoroughly with Windows.😬

For me best solution is Get a usb - get the windows 10 installer on it (from their usb media creator tool).  Wipe ssd and install clean build of latest windows.

We also do not know what issues you are exactly having.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)