Sign in to follow this  
paulkemp

Hate it already

The single least enjoyable game install ever.

I install the 10 dvds. Fine. The prompt comes up MSFS Preorder, chose which disc to install 120 gb to. I kill it go into Microsoft store. I have 2 games MSFS and MSFS preorder. I install MSFS. now it only has 1 gb to download.  watch several logos and doleful music. press any key nothing happens. ctl alt del, kill it. Next time round we get past that. Blue progress bar creeps across the screen. At the end nothing happens. Kill it again. Third time through it needs a 16 gb update. This crashes but has recovered.

• Like 1

I installed the 10 DVDs launch from Microsoft store then sim loads up and says 90gb to update this can't be right offensive initials not allowed 

I thought it was about 20gb to update then start flying is everyone having to update over 90gb before they start.

Just now, Pip said:

I thought it was about 20gb to update then start flying is everyone having to update over 90gb before they start.

Yes.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

We've seen it all before: some are happy as punch with new software while others are heading for the closet with a rope.  Why is that??

As far as DVD players most laptops no longer have them.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Seems a bit pointless to have those DVDs if that's the process. Glad I went with the digital version. Digital version was a PITA, but at least it wasn't two PITAs one after the other. 

Still, look on the bright side, now you've got ten nice coasters with an aviation theme, plus a little book to shove in a drawer for ten years until you get around to throwing it away.

• Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Big install followed by big upgrade install?? Thought you guys were on about Call Of Duty for a second... :tongue:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Gasoline, love the gasoline. It's fair to say the installer is a catastrophe, as stated in most reviews, but at least you get past that at some point. 

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I was wondering...why still DVD'd these days? any issues on internet speed?

In a general estimate, how much download savings has the DVD version saved you?

It will take me 10 hours if I want to download this game. I can install 10 DVDs a lot faster than that.

This 'Press any key' thing. When I first installed it, it didn't respond to any key. I hit a few keys, nothin'. So I clicked on the screen with the mouse. Guess what happened next. Yep, you got it. The process continued. After a few boot ups 'any key' now works.

Did everyone with the 'problem' just sit and stare at the screen?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

48 hrs later I finally have a sim to fly. Never ever have I jumped thru so many hurdles to install a program. Now need to learn this clumsy UI which is much different than what were use to using.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /