Sign in to follow this  
Spike1950

Several Issues I need help with ... please!

I've been flying the sim for the past two days getting used to the menus, getting controller switches mapped to my liking, etc.   I've been into flight simulation since the late 1980s and also got my Private Pilot Certification flying a C172 SP almost 10 years ago (and got qualified with the G1000 a few years later).   That said, during the past few days I've only flown the steam gauge version of the C172 without any problem (priming it first with full pump and mixture control, then starting)  Today a problem has cropped up.  No matter what I've tried, I can't get that plane to start doing everything by the book!!!!!  Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this situation?   Is there a place within the sim that lists any problems / damage on an aircraft?

Second Issue:  I've flown both short VFR and IFR flights over these two days in that plane.  I've used the ATC menus.. Problem that has cropped up.  When I make an entry, I sometimes can hear what I've said and sometimes I don't hear anything.  (note: the scrolling verbiage does show up but not always with the associated sound).   Anyone else having this issue?  Any suggestions on what I can do to trouble shoot this problem?

Lastly.... If you add a 3rd party scenery package (like Orbx London, etc) and don't like something about it (many on this forum have complained that Orbx messed this up and that the default scenery is better!), can you deactivate it in any way to get back to the default in that area?

Looking forward to your replies.  Thanks in advance!

Mike

• Like 1

I did experience the ATC issue, one of the suggestions was to check if you have the speech pack installed on Windows but I already had this. Another was that the Azure speech is internet based and therefore might be struggling to keep up, this can be changed in one of the menus to offline. This provides more generic male and female voices but seemed perfectly acceptable to me.

1 minute ago, DPSimulation said:

I did experience the ATC issue, one of the suggestions was to check if you have the speech pack installed on Windows but I already had this. Another was that the Azure speech is internet based and therefore might be struggling to keep up, this can be changed in one of the menus to offline. This provides more generic male and female voices but seemed perfectly acceptable to me.

Thanks for the quick reply on the ATC issue.   Mine is set to "Azure" ... I will change it to offline to see if that helps.  Also, I'm assuming that I have the speech pack installed on Windows since I do sometimes hear voice but how exactly to I check to see if that pack is installed in Windows?

M

The ATC issue is known to developers...the theory is that the Azure server may be overloaded.

You can remove any third party package...it can be disabled in the sim content manager or simply deleted from the directory it was installed into.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 minutes ago, Spike1950 said:

Thanks for the quick reply on the ATC issue.   Mine is set to "Azure" ... I will change it to offline to see if that helps.  Also, I'm assuming that I have the speech pack installed on Windows since I do sometimes hear voice but how exactly to I check to see if that pack is installed in Windows?

M

I'm not entirely sure but i'd imagine you already have it on a normal Windows install, I already did and didn't have to look for anything.

6 minutes ago, regis9 said:

The ATC issue is known to developers...the theory is that the Azure server may be overloaded.

You can remove any third party package...it can be disabled in the sim content manager or simply deleted from the directory it was installed into.

Thanks for that feedback.... When I get back onto the sim later I'll see about disabling it in content manager (I'm imagining there is a way to put a check mark next to it to disable?)

5 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

I'm not entirely sure but i'd imagine you already have it on a normal Windows install, I already did and didn't have to look for anything.

Makes sense.

• Like 1

Just now, Andreas Stangenes said:

@Spike1950 Good post, and a good way of asking for help. I wish more people would try it 🙂

Glad you got some answers, and I also learned something. 

Thanks!   I wish I'd get some response to why I can't seem to start the C172.  That is REALLY bugging me!

Just now, Spike1950 said:

Thanks!   I wish I'd get some response to why I can't seem to start the C172.  That is REALLY bugging me!

I had a similar issue (and I am also a private pilot)...I am using the Honeycomb yoke and for some reason the ignition on my hardware kept telling MSFS to kill the engine. I noticed it because any time I would switch it on the Honeycomb it would click back in the simulator. Not sure if this will help, but chasing a phantom key mapping might do the trick. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Fuel on, battery on? Nothing on your flightsticks set to cutoff that shouldn't be?

Nope.... doing everything like in the real plane and it worked the past two days in this sim ... but not this morning

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Why dont you try the assist, and have it turn the engines on for you? That way you can test that it actually works. 

I actually did that ....    I mapped the start engine and stop engine to some other buttons on my CH Throttle Quadrant, and the engine works fine.  But...  I want to fly like I do in real life when I fly the sim... so..... gotta figure out how to fix this issue and not take the easy (one button start engine) fix  🙃