Sign in to follow this  
Spike1950

Several Issues I need help with ... please!

9 minutes ago, thegeneral101 said:

I had a similar issue (and I am also a private pilot)...I am using the Honeycomb yoke and for some reason the ignition on my hardware kept telling MSFS to kill the engine. I noticed it because any time I would switch it on the Honeycomb it would click back in the simulator. Not sure if this will help, but chasing a phantom key mapping might do the trick. 

I'm also using that Honeycomb yoke.   How did you "chase a phantom key mapping" to solve the same problem (I'm assuming that is has been solved)

2 minutes ago, Spike1950 said:

otta figure out how to fix this issue and not take the easy (one button start engine) fix 

We're just diagnosing whether or not the engine *can* start right now. Once that's determined, you can go back to doing it the real-world way.

What happens when you try to start it? Does the prop spin at all? I'm wondering if it's less that you've messed something up and more that the starter switch command is being ignored for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Does using the assistant make the engine start?

Yep that worked but I don't want to use a one button start (it isn't real that way)

What you can do is go into the control menu, go to your honeycomb and search for mapped keys by clicking the different switches on your yoke one at a time. See if anything pops up that has anything to do with engines, electronics or fuel. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 minute ago, eslader said:

We're just diagnosing whether or not the engine *can* start right now. Once that's determined, you can go back to doing it the real-world way.

What happens when you try to start it? Does the prop spin at all? I'm wondering if it's less that you've messed something up and more that the starter switch command is being ignored for some reason.

Good question:   When I turn the start key on the Honeywell yoke, the prop does spin and seems to start, so I advance the mixture to full.  The prop never fully starts to spin to give me normal RPM and just dies.   I've even tried the real world solution to a "flooded" engine by advancing the throttle to full and trying to start it that way.  No joy!

3 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

What you can do is go into the control menu, go to your honeycomb and search for mapped keys by clicking the different switches on your yoke one at a time. See if anything pops up that has anything to do with engines, electronics or fuel. 

Good advice.... I will try that.

4 minutes ago, Spike1950 said:

Good advice.... I will try that.

I won't be able to try these fixes until later today since I'm not home at the moment.  I'll report back here after I do to let you all know what did or didn't work.  

Mike

• Like 1

Mike, it sounds like a control conflict of some sort. The Honeycomb is a fantastic yoke, but it introduces a few really strange quirks in the sim right now with other behaviors that aren’t even related to the control you think are mapped to the yoke. 

I will say that there is no need to do flooded or hot start procedures in the sim’s 172. It is not modeled that deeply. So it is definitely not a simulated fuel delivery issue like you would get from say an A2A plane for sure.

Chris

3 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Mike, it sounds like a control conflict of some sort. The Honeycomb is a fantastic yoke, but it introduces a few really strange quirks in the sim right now with other behaviors that aren’t even related to the control you think are mapped to the yoke. 

I will say that there is no need to do flooded or hot start procedures in the sim’s 172. It is not modeled that deeply. So it is definitely not a simulated fuel delivery issue like you would get from say an A2A plane for sure.

Interesting...  hopefully the Honeycomb people and/or the folks at Asobo / Microsoft will get those quirks worked out 😳 

4 hours ago, Spike1950 said:

I won't be able to try these fixes until later today since I'm not home at the moment.  I'll report back here after I do to let you all know what did or didn't work.  

Mike

Mike is back with you now.  I went home and followed many of the suggestions / corrections that you kind folks came up to help me with my problems on the sim and here are the results:

1) I checked the mapping of all of the buttons and switches in my Honeycomb Yoke and everything looked normal (no "phantom" mapping).  When I went back into the C172 and did a normal startup ... voila! (It started without any problem)  Go figure!

2) Switched the ATC sounds from Azure to "off line" and I'm now hearing the pilot and ATC voices all the time (yay!).  The pilots voice is female and I searched every menu I could think of to change it to a male voice but couldn't find anyway to do that.  Any suggestions?

3) I was thinking about making the Orbx London scenery "inactive" as was suggested, but when I went into the settings for all of the scenery, the only option would have been to "delete" it (no option to inactivate it).  So... I left it alone.

4) Still trying to get a better handle on the "Cameras" menus.  Want to figure out how to do simple cockpit panning.  Any thoughts on that?

Again... thanks to all of you for your help so far...👍