Sign in to follow this  
step

Blackpool.

48 minutes ago, Slides said:

To not have to fly in 2003 era graphics for one.

Are you saying FS2020 has 2003 graphics?

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

23 minutes ago, Malcolm Street said:

Ah, that's because it's in the USA, who for game developers have to be indulged in every possible way.

No, it has to do with the data available. There is no photogammetry data for Blackpool in Bing Maps, and the developers (Asobo) don't have control over that, that's all on Microsoft.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Are you saying FS2020 has 2003 graphics?

No. I'm saying the other sims do. That's pretty clear.

• Like 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Yep, my guess its all down to what Bing puts out. Really not a problem as the area around Blackpool is super. I grew up there and figured this would be the closest i could get as things stand now. I now live in Ontario  and i must say, it is depicted rather well in the sim. Toronto at sun set? Wow!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, step said:

Yep, my guess its all down to what Bing puts out. Really not a problem as the area around Blackpool is super. I grew up there and figured this would be the closest i could get as things stand now. I now live in Ontario  and i must say, it is depicted rather well in the sim. Toronto at sun set? Wow!! 

That’s a nice upgrade, Blackpool to Ontario.... 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Colonel X said:

What's the whole point of FS2020 when the entire ORBX loop is required again? You're kidding me.

Could you show us, where MS/ASOBO presented, that a whole Earth will be created as photogrammetry with all real buildings and other objects? Maybe you have to read some about MSFS scenery creating (outside the photogrammetry areas). Then you will know, that only about 400 cities are created as photogremmetry and every others are created by AI according to 2D satellite images. So nobody can expect, that will see a real-life buildings everywhere, it's not possible with existing technology and sources (only 2D satellite images with insufficient quality). So I don't understand, why did you expect anything else... ASOBO clearly declared, that there still will be an enough space for the 3rd party deveopers with their local sceneries.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

So nobody can expect, that will see a real-life buildings everywhere, it's not possible with existing technology and sources (only 2D satellite images with insufficient quality)... ASOBO clearly declared, that there still will be an enough space for the 3rd party deveopers with their local sceneries.

And what could ORBX do wrt buildings, handcraft everyone? Of course not, it's not possible with existing technology and sources.

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

42 minutes ago, dilore said:

And what could ORBX do wrt buildings, handcraft everyone? Of course not, it's not possible with existing technology and sources.

Yes, 3PD can it do, but sure not on whole Earth, only on local sceneries. So Ok, only on a small local sceneries 🙂 .

Edited by ludekbrno

Anyone got a list of the photogrammetry cities? I don’t think I’ve actually flown over one yet.... 

30 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Anyone got a list of the photogrammetry cities? I don’t think I’ve actually flown over one yet.... 

I have a fully comprehensive list of 3D photogrammetic cities in the UK available on Bing and MFS:

• Southampton

Yep, 1. Whereas Google has about 50.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I don't get why Blackpool looks so bad, I flew from Liverpool to Blackpool, although Liverpool doesn't have any accurately modeled buildings it has the red lights in the correct places based on available data (the cranes in bootle despite there begin no cranes, the wind farm of towards wales) but blackpool doesn't have any lights mapped, even if there is no tower or pleasure beach I would hope that the red lights are sitting in mid air to at least identify the reference points at night but I couldnt see anything there. 

For the piers, it seems to be the same everywhere that they are just drawn underwater and hard to see, the satellite maps cut off right at the coastline and anything beyond isnt shown. 

Certainly better than FSX as the hangars are in the right place, you can see some more identifiable items like queensway on the approach to 28, the golf course and sand dunes near 10 etc but could be better with a little more tweaking

@teenflon5, did you notice if Anfield and Goodison stadiums were modelled?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Let's hope not Ray, most of us would have to find a way to blot them out 😝

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

12 hours ago, Colonel X said:

What's the whole point of FS2020 when the entire ORBX loop is required again? You're kidding me.

I’m really hoping MS would launch an Airport/POI/Landmarks gateway project for the sim. The community could develop accurate models for all these and upload it to a central system. Once approved for quality, Microsoft can then include all the new models as part of the base Sim in the next update.

But I don’t know how well this favors with with plans to accommodate scenery developers and their plans to bring World updates in the future. 

• Like 1