Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing Pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020

Small question, will you be building a version that will be able to connect with MSFS 2020 or are you going to rely on everyone getting FSUIPC?

Nothing wrong with FSUIPC but just another programme to purchase just to use Pilot2atc.

Trevor Golding

12 hours ago, trevg said:

Nothing wrong with FSUIPC but just another programme to purchase just to use Pilot2atc.

I don't think you need to actually purchase FSUIPC in order to use any application, unless it needs Lua plug-ins or assignments in FSUIPC. It's nice of folks to buy it, and this is encouraged of course, but its use as an interface for applications has always been free to end users.

Income was originally derived from the application producers or sellers instead. But that became too difficult to police and liable to be unfair to folks try to make some money just to cover costs. So that became voluntary too.

Pete

• Like 3

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

What is FSUIPC? Is that something we have purchase?  I read this article

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/fsuipc

Never mind. I read the response above which ans the question.

Edited by Sims Smith

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

I am still concerend about the frame rate drop.

When I am not using Pilot2AtC at medium settings in MS2020.  My FPS is 40-50.  But when I execute FSUIPC with Pilot2ATC,

my frame rate drops dramatically, (Unplayable) at 10FPS????

What am I missing? or is this something to be updated in the future?  It's too bad because PIlot2ATC is the only ATC I use.  I always used it with X-plane, it would be a shame if I can't use it with MS2020!

----

Adderdance 

Edited by adderdance

1 hour ago, adderdance said:

I am still concerend about the frame rate drop.

When I am not using Pilot2AtC at medium settings in MS2020.  My FPS is 40-50.  But when I execute FSUIPC with Pilot2ATC,

my frame rate drops dramatically, (Unplayable) at 10FPS????

What am I missing? or is this something to be updated in the future?  It's too bad because PIlot2ATC is the only ATC I use.  I always used it with X-plane, it would be a shame if I can't use it with MS2020!

----

Adderdance 

See above about Simconnect issue, this is known and is a problem for anything using simconnect, which is most everything external to the sim.

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

At first a was very happy about this news about connecting P2A with MSFS 2020.

But same for me regarding lagging.

Before start of FSUIPC it's around 30 fps and after start ~15 fps without connection to P2A.

Is there any solution for it?

Best regards
Peter

Windows: Microsoft Windows (R) 10 Pro, Hardware:  Intel i9-10900K,  32GB DDR4 Ram,  GTX 1080,  SSD M2 512GB (System),  SSD M2 1TB (Data), 
Software:  X-Plane 11.51, Pilot2ATC v2.6.2.3_r2, MSFS2020 

1 minute ago, Dornus said:

At first a was very happy about this news about connecting P2A with MSFS 2020.

But same for me regarding lagging.

Before start of FSUIPC it's around 30 fps and after start ~15 fps without connection to P2A.

Is there any solution for it?

Best regards
Peter

At the risk of repeating myself, the rest of the thread does answer this multiple times.   Yes known issue, not P2ATC issue, will be fixed by Asobo/Microsoft, has this effect on all add ons.

• Like 1

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

On 8/19/2020 at 6:24 PM, Adrian123 said:

It will absolutely KILL performance. Same for anything like Littlenavmap that uses simconnect!

I have not noticed a perf degradation with LNM too but maybe I just didn't notice it. MSFS has been fun but I am so disgusted with the incomplete Avionics I am taking a break until another update.

• Like 1

I have installed FSUIPC7 and started the procedure as described in the first post but Pilot2ATC won't connect. Do I have to change in the config something to make it running with MSFS2020?

Regards Roland

No.  Just be sure the sequence is:

Start MSFS 2020

Start FSUIPC7

Start P2A

Wait for MSFS to FULLY START.  (You are in the airplane cockpit , not watching a movie)

Connect P2A

Dave

When I open FSUIPC7 My frame rate drops seriously. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong ?  (Frames drops from 30s to 13 or 14)

4 hours ago, Rahal said:

When I open FSUIPC7 My frame rate drops seriously. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong ?  (Frames drops from 30s to 13 or 14)

Before adding to a thread surely you should read it and see what'sbeen said already?  Because the question is asked and answered several times. In fact it is asked and answered (regarding ALL programs seriously using SimConnect, not just FSUIPC)in the MSFS forums, and even the FSUIPC forum!

We all hoping that the fix ASOBO have promised for about 6 days time will sort it!

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I am hoping to find a way to use Pilot2atc on a networked machine connected to my FS2020 machine. I have installed FSUIPC7 , but the questionis how do I get Pilot2atc to see FS2020??? in the old days I used Widefs with Fs2004 ......  ??? 

Help would be much appreciated.

Nick