Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing Pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020

8 hours ago, WashkraenK said:

Hello DocPadds

Nice to hear that it works great for you! Could you perhaps be so kind and write down in here a short step by step installation guide? That would be very helpful for us!

Thanks in Advance!

It is documented in the thread here by somebody else.  Only difference for MSFS is that you have different steps to make FSUIPC work on its side.

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

Here's the thread on X-ATC Chatter.

To answer your question, You would need to duplicate the merged folders so you have one named Canada and one named United States so you will get sound when over Canada and over the US.  Then you could select Europe as the default region so if a country has no region or a region has no sound files, you will default to Europe.

2 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

To answer your question, You would need to duplicate the merged folders so you have one named Canada and one named United States so you will get sound when over Canada and over the US.  Then you could select Europe as the default region so if a country has no region or a region has no sound files, you will default to Europe.

Hey Dave!  Okay, so yes I have downloaded the separate folders for the other parts of the world chatter.  I see there was an update download and now I have the 7 seprate folders.  before, it was just one folder with just the USA  Canada merged into one called "controllers".   

I see there is an option for sound source.. country folders.  Should I use this, and then just point to the region I want?  Maybe I need to place all the 7 folders in the sound directory?

You should use the Controllers Folder Option, not the Country Folders Option.

Copy the X-ATC Chatter folders over to the P2A Sounds sub folder as in the directions on page 78 of the Features, Functions and Operatons Guide in the Documentation folder.

Set the settings in Config like the screenshot on page 75.

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks Dave.  Okay, have the manual open now.. 

Looks like I need to create a "Regions" folder inside of the sound folder, and then drop in the downloaded countries into that.  So, now looks like:

sounds\ATC_Chatter\Regions\ (then the 7 different country folders) Is this correct?   Then in P2A, set the option for "Controller Folders".

Hi can P2A import taxi ways and gates from MSFS?  I am using a networked setup and have shared my c:\msfs folder (which contains 2 subfolders: official and community).  I have mapped my network share \\msfshostcomputer\msfs as my M: drive on the secondary computer (running P2A).  In P2A I set the FSX Root folder to M:\ but when I try to import taxiways and gates it runs MakeRwys but it fails to import anything.  I have tried copying the MakeRwys to the M:\Official\OneStore folder but running it there yields the same results.  

Note P2A works well otherwise using the FSUIPC 7 beta with wideclient.

Regards,

Hilkiah

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

25 minutes ago, Hilkiah said:

when I try to import taxiways and gates it runs MakeRwys but it fails to import anything.  I have tried copying the MakeRwys to the M:\Official\OneStore folder but running it there yields the same results.  

MakeRwys does not work with MSFS. Sorry, but this area of development is still a long way off. 

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

On 9/23/2020 at 12:54 AM, Pete Dowson said:

this area of development is still a long way off.

Pete

Pete, you don't have any estimate, this year or next?

11 hours ago, artair said:

you don't have any estimate, this year or next?

I just don't have enough information, nor do I know how to find it at present. I used to simply hack into binary files to work things out, but my abilities in this direction have simple dissipated as I've got older (I'm over 77 now, and feeling it). This is why I handed the business part (FSUIPC) over to my son John. But there is so much to do all the time with MSFS developments there that there is no way I'd ask him to take on a freeware project like MakeRunways,

In the meanwhile you should find the MakeRunways files generated for FSX or P3D reasonably usable for ATC, just not for autopilot control etc.

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi all, I have a problem with Pilot2atc, in a particular airport, everything works, it is connected, but when I ask clarence she wants me to contact the ground at the frequency 131.57 which in this airport in ms2020 there is not (but it is a bug of ms2020 because it is correct in Pilot2atc) and does not authorize the plan. Is there any way to fix? Thanks

It doesn't matter what frequencies MSFS is aware of. 

You need to have the MSFS ATC turned off and use Pilot2ATC for all communications.  

5 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Non importa quali frequenze sia a conoscenza di MSFS. 

È necessario disattivare l'ATC MSFS e utilizzare Pilot2ATC per tutte le comunicazioni.  

I have disabled atc of ms2020, or at least I believe ... Is there a tutorial for how to disable it?

When MSFS first comes up, go to Options at the top of the screen.  Then select Assistance.

Search for ATC.  Turn off all the ATC options, including the ATC Voices.