Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing Pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020

11 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

When MSFS first comes up, go to Options at the top of the screen.  Then select Assistance.

Search for ATC.  Turn off all the ATC options, including the ATC Voices.

Ok, I will try! Thank you. 

On 9/24/2020 at 12:25 PM, Pete Dowson said:

In the meanwhile you should find the MakeRunways files generated for FSX or P3D reasonably usable for ATC, just not for autopilot control etc.

That's what I used. It does the job.

Petraeus

Hi Dave, I have spent several days now, trying to get a plane in the air with Pilot2ATC and FS2020. I have the installation of Pilot2ATC and of FSUIPC behind me. Your description of how to get started and the video’s by ClumsyGeek and Filbert were most helpful. But I am getting stuck at one particular point and it seems I am not the only one!

Once I have created a full flight plan in Pilot2ATC v2.6 and I want to export that to fs2020, I can see the FS2020 entry in the export window, but then what? That is where all video’s stop. No clear information on the Internet. No v2.6 User’s Manual yet. Forums with questions but no answers.

What is the correct location where FS2020 stores and looks for its flight plans for the G1000? Is the “ph” file extension the right one to use? How do I get such a file into the G1000 (not particularly a Pilot2ATC question, but the answer would certainly help me and several others)? The G1000 behaviour of FS2020 differs from the one of X-Plane, so, I’m lost at this point.

As always, admiring the level of support you provide, I am looking forward to your answer.

Han Schouten

14 minutes ago, Han Schouten said:

Hi Dave, I have spent several days now, trying to get a plane in the air with Pilot2ATC and FS2020. I have the installation of Pilot2ATC and of FSUIPC behind me. Your description of how to get started and the video’s by ClumsyGeek and Filbert were most helpful. But I am getting stuck at one particular point and it seems I am not the only one!

Once I have created a full flight plan in Pilot2ATC v2.6 and I want to export that to fs2020, I can see the FS2020 entry in the export window, but then what? That is where all video’s stop. No clear information on the Internet. No v2.6 User’s Manual yet. Forums with questions but no answers.

What is the correct location where FS2020 stores and looks for its flight plans for the G1000? Is the “ph” file extension the right one to use? How do I get such a file into the G1000 (not particularly a Pilot2ATC question, but the answer would certainly help me and several others)? The G1000 behaviour of FS2020 differs from the one of X-Plane, so, I’m lost at this point.

As always, admiring the level of support you provide, I am looking forward to your answer.

Han Schouten

maybe  this  link will help  you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgOHTEEb9VE&feature=emb_logo

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nope! Neither does Filbert’s video answer those questions, nor does the one of ClumsyGeek. I couldn’t find any useful information about this specific subject on the Internet. Apparently, many others are looking for similar answers and can’t find one.

So, may the one who knows rise and share his wisdom!

Han Schouten

I can help with part of it, Hans - you can create ANY folder you want to store your MSFS plans. All you have to do in MSFS is point to the folder. There IS a default that it will use but IIRC it's so far down the folder tree I just made my own (D:\MSFS Flight Plans).

I may be wrong but I do not believe, at this time, you are able to load a FP directly into the G1000. You can enter in manually or load the fp into the sim and it will auto populate the G1000.

As to which file format - I'll defer to Dave on that as I haven't experimented that far yet.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

-For me Pilot2Atc doesn't recognice the sim weather. Have I anything to consider?

-Is there a way to ad some random events? I would like that ATC chooses a approach, I did not set before.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:13 AM, Han Schouten said:

I'm afraid I can't help with the G1000 particularly, but the plan format supported by MSFS is the standard FSX .PLN  XML format (i.e. .PLN filetype). And for loading via the MSFS "World" option it doesn't matter where you put it as it comes up with a normal Explorer windows so you can go to whatever menu you like.

I don't know if loading a plan or even planning a flight, in the World menu also loads it into the G1000, but it's worth a try assuming you haven't already. I know it works for the ATC and Copilot.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Vic and Pete are correct. 

• Just make a folder somewhere convenient
  • Export in the .pln format to that folder. 
  • When you open MSFS to the "World" view, where you would do flight planning for MSFS, don't do a flight plan. 
  • Look at the very bottom of the screen and select "Load/Save". 
  • Then select Load and the Windows Explorer dialog will open so you can navigate to your exported file and double click it to load into MSFS.
  • You are now ready to fly.  DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES IN MSFS's plan.
  • Start your flight and the plan should be loaded into the GPS/FMC on most aircraft

2 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Vic and Pete are correct. 

• Just make a folder somewhere convenient
  • Export in the .pln format to that folder. 
  • When you open MSFS to the "World" view, where you would do flight planning for MSFS, don't do a flight plan. 
  • Look at the very bottom of the screen and select "Load/Save". 
  • Then select Load and the Windows Explorer dialog will open so you can navigate to your exported file and double click it to load into MSFS.
  • You are now ready to fly.  DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES IN MSFS's plan.
  • Start your flight and the plan should be loaded into the GPS/FMC on most aircraft

You can chang the departure runway to a gate/ramp. But only through the drop down box not by selecting it on the map. 

MSFS, NaviGraph Charts & FMS, Pilot2ATC, FsHub
R5 3600X ,RTX 2060S, 32GB, SSD

On 8/26/2020 at 1:24 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

No.  Just be sure the sequence is:

Start MSFS 2020

Start FSUIPC7

Start P2A

Wait for MSFS to FULLY START.  (You are in the airplane cockpit , not watching a movie)

Connect P2A

Dave

Hi having  issues  in  which  following  the  steps  above  the  connect  button  want  connect,  have  no issues   using  p3dv4.    I  have  got  msfs   on a  3rd external  drive  which  might  be  the  issue?   you dont  have  to  change  anything  in p2a   to  switch between   flight  sims?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

As long as it's on the same PC, there should be no issue and no settings to modify.

Starting FSUIPC7 manually is the big thing in MSFS that's not in P3D.

Dave

I tried FSUIPC7 and Pilot2ATC a couple of weeks ago.

I lost all joystick functions. John Dowson on his forum, said SimConnect and the  MSFS SDK are not complete yet. Also to ask on here.

So can I do another trial to test if later versions of SimConnect and FSUIPC7 and Pilot2ATC are working on my system?

Unfortunately, we all dont have the same systems as Clumsy and not everything works like his.

I want to test Pilot2ATC again. Can I re download and run a new trial?

Thanks

Send an email to admin@pilot2atc.com along with your Settings.xml file so we can give you another trial.  The Settings.xml file is located at:
c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\Settings.xml
where <UserName> is your PC user name.

Dave

8 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

As long as it's on the same PC, there should be no issue and no settings to modify.

Starting FSUIPC7 manually is the big thing in MSFS that's not in P3D.

Dave

Ok  thx  Dave  i  solved  it  by  placing  the  fuipc7  folder  on the  same  drive  as  my MSFS   drive

Peter kelberg