Sign in to follow this  
FlyingInACessna

Live Weather Inaccurate / not working

Hey all,

I just completed a super awesome IFR flight in a C172 from my home airport. Flight was incredible in most aspects - smooth, great scenery, great aircraft performance, and super cool turbulence on the back side of mountains I flew near. One thing that was horribly off though was live weather implementation.

I looked up the metar for my airport and it showed altimeter 29.84, visibility 10 and clear skies. I loaded into the sim and grabbed the atis, and the altimeter was 29.88 and there was a heavy fog layer at sea level giving a visibility of 3. There were also some random layers of few clouds. 

I flew to my destination airport quite far away (which is at a much higher altitude), looked up the metar, and dialed in the altimeter. I thought I seemed low for the altitude it was showing, and I sure was. I pressed B and it dropped 500 feet. Altimeter at the airport in the game was 29.86, but altimeter on the metar was 30.32. Oof.

Is anyone else still having this issue? Are they aware?

Hi,

I have no idea if it is working nor a understanding of why when I click live weather the time is changed from the current time. ??? 

Most of the time ATIS or setting the altitude to the field elevation does not match current weather from other sources.??

Can any beta testers comment? Thank you in advance.

Bob 

I don't think live weather has been working for me yet either. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Its a known issue the live weather looks like it needs some fixing. In my situation looks to be about 40 mins behind. Reading from other forums with same or similar issues so i lefted alone for now . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

29 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

In my situation looks to be about 40 mins behind.

Blue Meteo is always one hour behind local time at the user's location.This seems like an opening for 3rd party weather add-ons. Why on earth would I want "live weather" that's an hour old? 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Agreed, I have found the cloud cover to be relatively accurate, but the winds are simply not. For one, at cruise almost always the winds at 3 knots, sometimes 5. That's patently not the case as checked and is almost never the case anyhow.

At multiple airports, I have listened to ATIS 20 or 30 miles out and it gives me some value, then just to check, I ask for landing clearance and the tower controller gives me different winds and then upon actually landing, the wind data on the PFD gives me yet a third set of values.

I (think I) know live weather is active because throughout my flight, the altimeter setting/QNH is periodically changing and cloud cover changes...seems to be mostly a wind issue...

I've reported it, as have many others...

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

It's not just winds, it's just about everything... Cloud heights, altimeter, etc...It's quite pathetic actually. When they announced 8/18 as the release date and I saw the responses the development team was giving to Alpha testers, I was shocked!

I knew with this rushed release that it would come back to bite them in the UKnowWhat...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Blue Meteo is always one hour behind local time at the user's location.This seems like an opening for 3rd party weather add-ons. Why on earth would I want "live weather" that's an hour old? 

Really!? If so, that is historical as far as I'm concerned. HiFi needs to enter stage right. @Damian Clark

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

Live Weather is the biggest bug I have come across so far - I am ending up with CAVOK no matter where I start a flight. I can switch to a preset scenario and get it to load those conditions, but switch back to Live Weather and it is all CAVOK all the time.

I agree - Asobo needs t fix this one stat. Either that or place a call to HiFi Sim for an MSFS Active Sky.

Edited by PurdueKev

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

Yes this is my biggest gripe at the moment. I see it has been a hot topic over at the MSFS forums as well.

I can't find any evidence of where the Devs have made any comment regarding the state of this. I would really like to see some clarification on this from MS/Asobo.

• Like 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

It was not working at launch. Then is/was working intermittently. Seems to be hit or miss now.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.