Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Can you assign a control set to an airplane?

Can you assign a set of control profiles to, say, the TBM and another set to the Citation Sovereign?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hmmm...I'm not sure.  But I know there is an open beta of FSUIPC around (which would allow what you ask)

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, ryanbatcund said:

Hmmm...I'm not sure.  But I know there is an open beta of FSUIPC around (which would allow what you ask)

Thanks Ryan.  I guess I'll need to try that.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This has been my question for oh, 5 months! I havn't found a way yet but was told with no proof that it was possible.

The only way I know of to do this is to create profiles and switch the profiles when you switch planes. So, yes you can have multiple profiles, but I am not aware of a way to associate them with a plane. Basically just like P3D/FSX.

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

5 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

The only way I know of to do this is to create profiles and switch the profiles when you switch planes. So, yes you can have multiple profiles, but I am not aware of a way to associate them with a plane. Basically just like P3D/FSX.

This may be useful, especially for those that have a yoke for Boeing, etc. and a Joystick for Airbus.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi: I think that there are two ways to accomplish this, based, in part, on this video:

1.  I downloaded FSUIPC 7 Beta for MSFS 2020 last night.  According to the instructions that came with program, you can copy an FSUIPC&.ini file from another set up (like FSUIPC6 for P3D V5), and it should carry over your settings.  I haven't had time to use this yet.

2.  From the video, every controller located by the program is assigned a default setup which cannot be overwritten.  When you change from the default assignments, the program asks you for a new name for the profile. You can set up a profile for each plane and then save the profile for each plane with a different name.  At the top of the controllers screen you should see a separate title bar for each controller with arrows on either side. You can cycle through the different setups you have saved, and select the one you  want to use.

Hope this helps. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

This may be useful, especially for those that have a yoke for Boeing, etc. and a Joystick for Airbus.

Yes, the profiles are by controller, so I have two profiles for my Saitek throttle; one for jets, where I have spoilers, engine 1 and engine 2 mapped - and another for the props, where I have throttle, prop and mixture mapped. It is easy to swap back and forth.

• Upvote 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I could not figure out how to assign a controller to a specific aircraft although I did make several profiles for my throttle quad - one for jets, one for props.  How do you assign by aircraft?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Only way I found so far without using 3rd party was to name the controller profile with the plane model in the name, and change to it when changing the plane. 

• Like 2

I agree with MarkW in that I did not find a method to assign a specific profile to an airplane.

I load an airplane and a starting airfield; when I then try to assign a control profile to that airplane, I cannot change from „Standard“. The in-flight menu lets me call up „Basic Controls“ but does not accept any of my other profiles that I created. 

Is there any way within MSFS(!) by which I can assign profile to airplane?

Volker

Best way I've found to do it is to create aircraft specific profiles for each device and switch them when you change aircraft. I do have some generic ones for typical piston GA, turboprop, ME, and lower complexity jets, but the complex ones I use are specific to the aircraft. E.g., I have specific profiles for the Fenix for my stick and throttle, ones for the PMDG 73 line, ones for the A310, etc.

It would be wonderful to have the sim automatically associate profiles with an aircraft, and change them as the aircraft changes, natively like DCS and X-Plane do. I'm sure there's a feature request existing for it, I'll go look and drop the link to vote for it here if I find it.

• Like 2

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

9 minutes ago, vtracy said:

I agree with MarkW in that I did not find a method to assign a specific profile to an airplane.

I load an airplane and a starting airfield; when I then try to assign a control profile to that airplane, I cannot change from „Standard“. The in-flight menu lets me call up „Basic Controls“ but does not accept any of my other profiles that I created. 

Volker

No, there is not. You have to go into "Settings" --> "Control Options" and change the profile of the peripheral yourself.

You can, of course, create a new profile for each peripheral for every airplane, but there is no way to associate a created custom profile with a specific aircraft.

I'm also a bit sad about that, since X-Plane has been able to do that for...I don't know...a decade, but hey...

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

2 hours ago, vtracy said:

Volker

SonicViz Aircraft Manager will do what you want (and more).  I didn't think I'd like using it but it surprised me...now whenever I load a different plane, my control presets are all set for that plane.  Here is the link to their site:

https://sonicviz.com/project/aircraft-manager/

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1. FSUIPC7 (payware version) will let you assign and automatically load controller keys, buttons, and axis assignments, and Lua scripts for a particular airplane, or category or group of airplanes, of your choice.

2. I also use the free PilotsDeck plugin (https://github.com/Fragtality/PilotsDeck) with StreamDeck, and it will load specific StreamDeck profiles based on the plane loaded in the sim. Note that some of the PilotsDeck features require a payware copy of FSUIPC7.

Al

Edited by ark