Sign in to follow this  
chik

shopping for yoke/pedals

Hello all.

A few years away but excited to see if FS series will at last be able to deliver a great user experience. I'm looking for opinions on yoke/pedals for my new setup. For those who are interested I have spent the last couple of days trying to get a SaitekX45 and a CH FlightSim Yoke to calibrate properly but I'm not having any success.

Thoughts and suggestions most welcome.

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!

Regarding rudder pedals, I can highly recommend the MFG Crosswind.  Build quality that will last a lifetime, great support from the designer, incredible fidelity, very adjustable. And most of all, works perfectly with MSFS2020.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

I find the Virtual Fly stuff really good. These pedals are the best I ever had! I upgraded from first Saitek then MFG Crosswinds. There yoke and throttle Quad are also very good. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Hmm, those really do look like high quality. Good recommendations for sure. I spotted a yoke & throttle quad by honeycomb. These might fall a little bit more in line with my budget. That 2080 Ti I have my eye on will pretty much eat up what the wifey has let me grab, funds wise. Problem is, all three items are out of stock so I have make do for a while. That brings me ask, I have an old CH FlightSim Yoke, but when I hook it up, firstly FS2020 doesn't default the controls like FSX did, and secondly, even when I program the buttons and such, the reaction in the cockpit is funky, especially the aileron/elevator controller. It doesn't center up when I release it. I've calibrated it. Does anyone have suggestions or is it just old hardware?

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!

Have you cleaned the yoke from dust? Have you checked the axis with ch software? If they are fine there retuening to center and all should work fine. I have the honeycomb it does have a luxury feel but like most yokes it dont really help you control the aircraft just want to trim it constantly so I dont have to battle the yoke. I think a stiffer aileron 45 degrees so it would be more i line with the elevator would feel more natural then the loose 180.

I have much better control with my virpil warbrd base where it easy to do supersmall corrections but also fast to make big in any direction. 

Yoko plus seem to be really nice though worse buttons. And 3h the cost. 

As for 2080 ti next generation is on its way. Rumours say they will be incredibly expensive but costs of 2080tis should go down if not on the used market. 

Hi oqvist

I have this old yoke working better. I still need to fiddle with a bit more, especially the ailerons. I think in my impatience, I didn't take into account just how much more unforgiving the control reactions are in this new sim. Playing around with the sensitivity settings is helping

...I did finally find a rtx2080Ti for $1400.00 which included a 3 year warranty,  and man, FS11 still brings it to it's knees!. I can get a steady 50fps on a 35"curved but only the one for now. Xmas is just around the corner so I have to be a good lil boy.

I lubricate my CH Pro Yokes (I have 2 of 'em) every few months with powered graphite. All pivoting parts and especially the shaft.

I've also stiffened up the springs for elevator and set fairly wide dead zones for pitch and roll.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hey thanks for the tips bud. After much fiddling I've pretty much got most things set pretty close to my comfort zone

Edited by chik