Sign in to follow this  
Romeo_Tango

Thanks

Thank you Asobo and Microsoft,

Teething pains not withstanding, (and there are many). I must say the features and eye candy (including those to come, especially Vr and seasons), are all the things I have dreamt of since I started simming, back in 1989.

I am unable to imagine the future of this software after DX12 and all the kinks worked out and developers get their heads around the SDK.

I will  admit that I am a little disappointed by all the negative experiences so many seem to be having, but based on the scope of the project, some of that should be expected.

"As real as it gets" is appropriate for this version of MSFS.

• Like 3

Robin

49 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

I must say the features and eye candy (including those to come, especially Vr and seasons), are all the things I have dreamt of since I started simming, back in 1989.

Ditto.  I especially like the night scenery when compared to any of the previous versions.  I flew around for an hour last night in the Icon A5 because I got so immersed I lost track of time.  I'm thrilled with this. 😃

• Like 1

Have they confirmed dx12 and given a timeline?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

23 minutes ago, Troyair One said:

Ditto.  I especially like the night scenery when compared to any of the previous versions.  I flew around for an hour last night in the Icon A5 because I got so immersed I lost track of time.  I'm thrilled with this. 😃

Transitioning from dusk to night is just magic in the sim, as is dawn...mind blowing!

Having finished my first Cessna 172 flight around Vancouver in MSFS after having calibrated all the axes, I must admit it was the most wonderful flight sim experience I ever had. I'm not saying that there are no problems with the simulator, but the immersion has definitely exceeded my expectations.