Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

A look at the new Carenado C182T FS2020

I have to vote against the Caranedo C182. It's quite a long time that I've purchased anything from them. Disappointed again. I should have known better.

• Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

10 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I have to vote against the Caranedo C182. It's quite a long time that I've purchased anything from them. Disappointed again. I should have known better.

Could you return it and get a refund? I would hope to see giving us an option to be able to refund stuff that we find not up to our standards in the marketplace like Steam does.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think I'll pass on this one.

The last thing my hangar needs is yet another GA aircraft with a glass cockpit.  Steam gauges people!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, raymar said:

Give 'em a break, they are working on bring the B737-200C over, just after the Cessna 310.

I'm waiting for the DHC-2 Beaver.

19 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

But the thing is that Asobo in modeling the default airplanes probably took a big chunk out of Carenado's mojo: great visuals, default systems and gauges, fix a few bugs, then move on to the next. 

Let's take the TBM 930 - I have no idea how you can significantly improve it in terms of visuals. Even on my crappy system it looks amazing inside and out. So, clearly, in making an addon to compete with the TBM, the focus would have to be on avionics, systems, modeling of the airplane behavior. That is not Carenado's forte. 

I looked at the videos of Carenado's C152, and, sure it looks good, but would that entice anyone to press the "buy" button? Not so sure. 

Exactly this. Carenado will be out if they just recycle the systems of stock aircraft. Especially the awful autopilots.

They cannot improve on the visuals which is essentially all they've ever done.

They need to step up.

Luckily the review system in the MS Marketplace will hopefully enforce this requirement. Step up... Or step out.

People, especially newcomers will soon be aware that Carenado are best avoided.

Prove me wrong Carenado. Please do !

Edited by Gabe777

12 hours ago, captain420 said:

Could you return it and get a refund? I would hope to see giving us an option to be able to refund stuff that we find not up to our standards in the marketplace like Steam does.

This is an interesting point.

Are add-ons bought through Steam going to have the 2 hour return guarantee ?

There's a reason to buy from Steam right there ! 👍👍👍