Sign in to follow this  
JerryT87

Taxi issues

Hi All. Is anybody else having issues when taxing? I have to apply a lot of power just to get moving, then the plane wants to go way to fast. Then if you slow to much, it stops and you have to use lots of throttle again.

Also on landing you need a lot of brake to slow it down.

Lets see. The Icon, C152, and I had issues with the D40NG. The XCub seemed to be pretty good though.

Same issue here. 172 takes 50% power to break free. The "sticky planes" was an issue in FSX as well. Surely we've gotten past that?

Eddie
KABQ

11 hours ago, JerryT87 said:

Hi All. Is anybody else having issues when taxing? I have to apply a lot of power just to get moving, then the plane wants to go way to fast. Then if you slow to much, it stops and you have to use lots of throttle again.

Also on landing you need a lot of brake to slow it down.

Yep. 

I sometimes dont get to move at all. Its like the plane is glued to the ground.

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

9 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I sometimes dont get to move at all. Its like the plane is glued to the ground.

Same

Eddie
KABQ

If your brakes are mapped to an axis, make sure the axis isn't reporting 50% applied when at the neutral setting. Also make sure the axis doesn't need to be reversed (some rudder pedals require reversed axis or the brakes are applied when your feet are off the pedals).

Well I'm glad to know I'm not crazy. 🤪

I hope they do something with this to fix it. Out it on the list Asobo.

31 minutes ago, eslader said:

If your brakes are mapped to an axis, make sure the axis isn't reporting 50% applied when at the neutral setting. Also make sure the axis doesn't need to be reversed (some rudder pedals require reversed axis or the brakes are applied when your feet are off the pedals).

This is happening to me. Do you know what it shows 50% like that? And how to prevent it? 

Eddie
KABQ

Last evening I was parked at Stall 10 at Tacoma Narrows (KTIW) in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. Went through all the preflight checks and was about to taxi out...problem is I couldn't go anywhere. I double checked parking brake and it was off. After 50% throttle didn't budge the plane, I gave her 100% throttle and didn't even move an inch. Like my tires were melted to the tarmac. 

Interestingly, my IAS gauge rose well over 40kts in both internal and external views.  I probably spent a good 15 minutes trying to solve issue before reloading and then had no issues taxing, running up, and taking off from KTIW. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 3:06 PM, haskell said:

This is happening to me. Do you know what it shows 50% like that? And how to prevent it? 

The way we prevented it in p3d/FSX was to use FSUIPC. There is a beta version available for free right now for MSFS. I haven't tried it yet, though, so I don't know if it will work for this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eslader said:

The way we prevented it in p3d/FSX was to use FSUIPC. There is a beta version available for free right now for MSFS. I haven't tried it yet, though, so I don't know if it will work for this.

Yeah, hopefully this gets put in place soon.

I also sometimes can get things rolling by cycling the parking brakes.

Think has to do with slopes.

I went towards a runway in a downward slope and the plane was accelerating, against it had to apply extra power