Sign in to follow this  
RW1

Carenado C182

Just some randoms from a NZ flight NZTG-NZAA, Aircraft performs good, G1000 is the same as P3d/FSX, Sounds are dreadful compared to MSFS default A/C, Textures inside the VC are quite good, and outside are the impeccable Carenado HD standard. Is it worth it. Not really. Flight dynamics are notably more stable than default and feels heavier than the C172, I`m not disappointed with the aircraft, it`s just lacking that zing this flight simulator gives us.

First shot was from NZQN the day before.

Cheers Rick

WTBfFB7.jpg 

g8XANcW.jpg

fchQtAV.jpg

iiMR8Te.jpg

zgW2LTZ.jpg

aTaPWEN.jpg

• Like 6

tpewpb-6.png

Carenado going expensive I see....  default-ish planes should be 20 bucks or less.  Especially if it's a port from P3D (and sounds aren't as good).

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice shots - esp first one - just a port basically I will stick with factory 172 for now - they need time to create new standard aircraft

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Carenado going expensive I see....  default-ish planes should be 20 bucks or less.  Especially if it's a port from P3D (and sounds aren't as good).

Hey Ryan, It`s extremely disappointing to see port overs, But we know they are money grabbing the noobs, I`m looking forward to PMDG and the Aerosoft CRJ, Milviz seems to be porting over as well.

tpewpb-6.png

14 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Nice shots - esp first one - just a port basically I will stick with factory 172 for now - they need time to create new standard aircraft

Hey Buddy, Long time no see.. The defaults are actually well done, Hopefully MS patch everything in the next few months and fix the controller assignments and tweak the engine dynamics on the turboprops.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

1 minute ago, RW1 said:

Hey Buddy, Long time no see.. The defaults are actually well done, Hopefully MS patch everything in the next few months and fix the controller assignments and tweak the engine dynamics on the turboprops.

Hi Rick 🙂 hanging in there Buddy hope your well - looking to get my 4,000$ rig built this weekend - need to get a bird up in the air

Rich Sennett

Just now, Richard Sennett said:

Hi Rick 🙂 hanging in there Buddy hope your well - looking to get my 4,000$ rig built this weekend - need to get a bird up in the air

Coincidence, I`ve just busted 6k on a new PC and will start building this weekend... lol.. Was going to wait for the 3 series GPU`s but grabbed a 2080Ti instead.. Take care Rich

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

Hello to you all,

I agree with Richard.

This sim (for me) is nothing special compared with fully added on P3D and Xplane11. That, though, is a chalk and cheese comparison, I have to admit.

I was so frustrated with the original MSFS release, that I bought P3D v5 yesterday and spent the day partially bringing that up to speed. Please note that this is in no way an MSFS bashing. However, I do not think, I will spend much time with it until the 3rd Party Devs come to grips with it.  Other than the default planes and the unnecessarily god-awful UI, there is much to be praised in this new sim. Aircraft, more accurate sceneries and utilities will make this thing fly ... errr Pardon me LOL

I note also, that there has been a hugely negative reaction to this release, and this too, has largely been unnecessary, in that in may cases, it is simply not meeting the hyper marketing expectations. I admit that I am also disappointed and I feel bad about that mainly because this sim just reeks of potential.  Most of that will be fulfilled, in the fullness of time, by 3PDs.

Further, I really do wonder what the Asobo/MSFS reaction to our release reactions, is  ..... I am unaware of any reaction from them, not even the usual weekly news update. Has anyone heard anything. 

I will be constantly revisiting this sim but for now, P3D and Xplane it is for me.

Regards to all

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello to you all,

I agree with Richard.

This sim (for me) is nothing special compared with fully added on P3D and Xplane11. That, though, is a chalk and cheese comparison, I have to admit.

I was so frustrated with the original MSFS release, that I bought P3D v5 yesterday and spent the day partially bringing that up to speed. Please note that this is in no way an MSFS bashing. However, I do not think, I will spend much time with it until the 3rd Party Devs come to grips with it.  Other than the default planes and the unnecessarily god-awful UI, there is much to be praised in this new sim. Aircraft, more accurate sceneries and utilities will make this thing fly ... errr Pardon me LOL

I note also, that there has been a hugely negative reaction to this release, and this too, has largely been unnecessary, in that in may cases, it is simply not meeting the hyper marketing expectations. I admit that I am also disappointed and I feel bad about that mainly because this sim just reeks of potential.  Most of that will be fulfilled, in the fullness of time, by 3PDs.

Further, I really do wonder what the Asobo/MSFS reaction to our release reactions, is  ..... I am unaware of any reaction from them, not even the usual weekly news update. Has anyone heard anything. 

I will be constantly revisiting this sim but for now, P3D and Xplane it is for me.

Regards to all

Tony

Agree Tony, I`m still using P3dv5, And most probably will into the future, It`s sad to learn the Alpha and Beta testas pleas to fix and tweak were largely ignored or put on the back burner, but i have high hopes for MSFS going forward, I`m thinking MS has targeted the arcade gamers with this release, which is fair enough.. But it has huge potential... Lets wait and see what evolves.

tpewpb-6.png

8 minutes ago, RW1 said:

I`m thinking MS has targeted the arcade gamers with this release,

Not to denigrate arcade gamers but I don't imagine many of them would jump through the hoops we've, or at least I've, had to jump through in the last couple of days.

Not a parenthesis in sight! Yay!

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

8 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Not to denigrate arcade gamers but I don't imagine many of them would jump through the hoops we've, or at least I've, had to jump through in the last couple of days.

Not a parenthesis in sight! Yay!

It`s quite a steep learning curve navigating around the UI Ron. But i have no doubt you'll pick it up quickly. looking forward to seeing your work in the future when A2A kick off. I purchased a cheap xbox type controller to use the free camera/drone gimmick they have developed. It`s fun but feel like i need 8 arms to control my flight and take screen shots now. Lol

tpewpb-6.png

3 hours ago, RW1 said:

Coincidence, I`ve just busted 6k on a new PC and will start building this weekend... lol.. Was going to wait for the 3 series GPU`s but grabbed a 2080Ti instead.. Take care Rich

Want to see it Rick when finished - Ill post picture also - the rest of the goodies are in today - I was waiting on some more chrome tubing and fittings - have at it tomorrow night and finish it hopefully Saturday - good luck with your build

Rich Sennett

3 hours ago, RW1 said:

6K You should have bought a real plane 🙂 yah I would hold off on 3 series for now see how it shakes out - 1,500$ a ton of cash for a gpu

Rich Sennett

58 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

6K You should have bought a real plane 🙂 yah I would hold off on 3 series for now see how it shakes out - 1,500$ a ton of cash for a gpu

I`ve had the 1080TI for 4 years now and didn't buy a 2080 back in 2018, But remember also i pay in AU which is almost another 50% dearer than you guys in the States pay, Went with the i9 10900K and Asus Maximus mobo, going to delid the cpu as well, But yeah for sure i`ll post some pics when i`m done, probably take a week or two with pipe bending and testing... 3 series GPU`s will be $1399 US according to Guru3D report 2 days ago, So almost 3k with tax in AU... 😞

1 ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard $999.00 $999.00
1 EK Vector Strix RTX 2080 Ti Backplate Black $75.00 $75.00
1 EK Quantum Vector Strix RTX 2080 Ti D-RGB Nickel Plexi $249.00 $249.00
1 Corsair AX1200i Digital Platinum Modular 1200W Power Supply $549.00 $549.00
1 ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11GB $2399.00 $2399.00

GST Included:$395.82

Total:$4,354.0

Plus all the other things i needed, CPU ,case, fans blah blah.....

Edited by RW1
  • Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

14 minutes ago, RW1 said:

I`ve had the 1080TI for 4 years now and didn't buy a 2080 back in 2018, But remember also i pay in AU which is almost another 50% dearer than you guys in the States pay, Went with the i9 10900K and Asus Maximus mobo, going to delid the cpu as well, But yeah for sure i`ll post some pics when i`m done, probably take a week or two with pipe bending and testing... 3 series GPU`s will be $1399 US according to Guru3D report 2 days ago, So almost 3k with tax in AU... 😞

Your pipe bending - all set with that - I bought pre-bent chrome over brass - and 90 degree rotary's - what case you get - I have Fractal Black Define 7 XL - its pretty nice  - not to big not to small

Going to EK waterblock a RTX2080 super - vertical mount also have 2 EK rads and 1 Bykski distro plate - going to look awesome - just have to pipe gpu and of course throw it on waterblock 🙂

I also went with the i9 10900K - 64gig of trident z ram - fun stuff - hardest part will be to decide to run clear or tint it a bit 🙂 

Oh of course Asus MB - strix rog - maximus was out of the price range and not that much different cant go wrong with asus - got burned 3 times with gigabyte never again - my last maximus was rock solid

Rich Sennett