Sign in to follow this  
atlflyer

ATC Offline - Female Voice - How to change to male?

Is there a way to change your ATC voice from the female one to the male one? I set my speech settings in Windows to default to one of the male voices but the female voice still there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't think there is a way to do it.

It might be best to report it as a bug/omission .

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

48 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

What does it matter?

well I just like hearing a male voice since im a male 🙂 Would actually be nice if I could turn the pilot voice off. Way back, I remember that option was available in FSX. 

• Like 1

This is a bit hit and miss. Some report they are now female, and some get the (American) male voice.

I researched this during the morning but got nowhere. However, there were a fair few posts reporting the issue (but no fixes).

Some ATC was intermittant with missing voices, or Transmissions were not heard or just a small burst of static was received. This was due to the Azure Servers being "overwhelmed". Some (temp) fixes online told the user to use Windows Offline for ATC. However, I only had the choice of Azure or Off (no Windows Offline) The reason for this was because I had to download the English (United States) Language Pack:

Start  > Settings > Time & Language > Language > Add a Language - You need to add En-US

Make the following adjustment to help fix ATC (for now 20 Aug 20):

Start MF20 > Options > General > Sound > Text to Speech to Windows Offline  (default is Azure).

18 minutes ago, Tinribs said:

This is a bit hit and miss. Some report they are now female, and some get the (American) male voice.

I researched this during the morning but got nowhere. However, there were a fair few posts reporting the issue (but no fixes).

Some ATC was intermittant with missing voices, or Transmissions were not heard or just a small burst of static was received. This was due to the Azure Servers being "overwhelmed". Some (temp) fixes online told the user to use Windows Offline for ATC. However, I only had the choice of Azure or Off (no Windows Offline) The reason for this was because I had to download the English (United States) Language Pack:

Start  > Settings > Time & Language > Language > Add a Language - You need to add En-US

Make the following adjustment to help fix ATC (for now 20 Aug 20):

Start MF20 > Options > General > Sound > Text to Speech to Windows Offline  (default is Azure).

I actually prefer the offline voices better...there are more of them and its not the same guy every time I talk to a controller! I like the change..sometimes its a different guy or different female. But having the female voice for "me" is something I wish I could change. Or better yet, just turn off. I dont really need to hear my voice at all. 

I agree there should be more than one voice.  Didn't FSX include multiple voices?  I hope they add more.

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

There doesn't appear to be a way to fix this yet.  Lots of people with the male pilot model are getting a female's voice, and nothing seems to be able to correct it.

Ah ha, I just came across this thread. Yes, I have numerous issues with this, from having a female pilto, which I'd rather not have, OK for ATC, but not as it is supposed to be resembling me! Often ATC won't work at all, at least not audio. It will show on the screen but I can't hear anything. All in all, bit of a dog's dinner.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776