Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

Warthog, throttle cannot get flaps to work gradually

The game does not recognize the flaps unless I opt for full extension or full retraction.

When I choose the gradual extension and retraction,it does not recognizes the input.

Any ideas?

Edited by motoadve

What sim are you using? There's no Warthog in FS2020. Or is your controller a Warthog? 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Same problem here. It seems to only accept keyboard keys: f5 to f8

Pierre

You want to use the flaps incremental setting.  

Decrease Flaps (22)

Increase Flaps (23)

• Upvote 1

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Just now, Taver said:

Decrease Flaps (22)

Increase Flaps (23)

This 👌

• Upvote 1

André

I'm using the Warthog throttle too. The suggested fix is a good one, but it's a little annoying to have to flick the switch up and down to move the flaps. I've plugged in a Saitek quadrant, and am using one of the momentary switches on that for flaps as a temporary measure. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

If you Check out squirrels YouTube video on peripheral setup he has the same issue...maps it to the red China hat switch

10 minutes ago, Taver said:

Decrease Flaps (22)

Increase Flaps (23)

This...^^^

Its automatically set to the Warthog HOTAS.  Believe its on the top of the stick switch up/down.

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

As mentioned the difference is that it doesn’t register as a single “button push”, it you leave the flaps leave in the up or down position it keeps sending the signal to incrementally increase or decrease flaps.  The China hat switch is a decent interim solution...ultimately when fsuipc7 is fully up and running we’ll be able to fiddle with our controls there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

We're talking about gradual extension/retraction here.

It has to be a switch that works only momentarily.

On the Hotas warghog, only switch 11/12 do that.

The other switches of the joystick will work only if you manually turn them on then off, if you keep the switch in position MSFS reads that as a continuous command.

Hope this helps

Pierre

I have the following setup for my TM-HOTAS

Flaps-Throttle

Decrease Flaps = 11

Increase Flaps = 12

Flaps full up/off/down = 22/23

Spoilers-Throttle

Slider check reverse axis and use Joystick Slider x

Note: This places the slider to be full forward position (Retracted) as on most commercial jets. To engage simply pull the slider backwards to extend as needed. Mid way

detent indicates half extended.

Arm Auto Spoilers = 24 (forward = armed, back = unarmed)

Reverse Thrust-Temporary location for me (I'm still fiddling with locations atm)

Toggle Reverse Thrust = 7

When engaged push throttle forward to increase amount of R-Thrust desired.

Edited by Sticks
  • Like 1