Sign in to follow this  
thegeneral101

Stuttering Frames - Whats Causing it?

I seem to be getting a lot of stuttering, certainly not perfectly smooth. 

As I keep messing with settings, has anyone else seen this and if so any way to fix it? 

I am running the latest Nvidia drivers, nvidia surround, latest Spad.next and ultra settings. 2080Ti / 64gb 3600mhz ram / i7-10700k / M.2 storage 

Try turning off Multiplayer and all traffic related stuff then see. Add them, back 1 by 1 to see which is the culprit.

Also, check your bandwidth setting in the data tab as it defaults to unlimited. Try turning it down if you haven't already done so.

It's just the way it is right now. People crucify me for spelling it out, but you are free to look up videos on YouTube - the most high-end systems out there, they're all plagued by stutters. It's how this sim works for now. There's no secret cure, no setting that will eliminate them. Wait for a patch, but don't get your hopes up just yet, my estimate is that these stutters will be with us for a while.

Edited by Colonel X
  • Like 3

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

1 minute ago, Colonel X said:

It's just the way it is right now. People crucify me for spelling it out, but you are free to look up videos on YouTube - the most high-end systems out there, they're all plagued by stutters. It's how this sim works for now. There's no secret cure, no setting that will eliminate them. Wait for a patch, but don't get your hopes up just yet, my estimate is that these stutters will be with us for a while.

Yeah I've got a high end system and I'm running it fine without any stutters.

If you look on the forums then you can see people who have these issues have other things at play such as 3rd party ad dons or peripherals connected that they don't mention. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

In my case I did have a secret cure. A single background task was causing stutters. I know I sound like a broken record on this forum but check task manager. For me ending lightingservice.exe magically made my sim smooth. 

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Just revert to 446.14 Nvidia driver and you won't have stutters anymore.

1 minute ago, highflyer2020 said:

Yeah I've got a high end system and I'm running it fine without any stutters.

If you look on the forums then you can see people who have these issues have other things at play such as 3rd party ad dons or peripherals connected that they don't mention. 

Hmm, I have nothing running in the background, and wouldn't that be the first thing to check for the many people who are experiencing this?

I will test turning off the rolling cache, which seems to be a remedy for some.

-

1 minute ago, Noooch said:

I'll go ahead and give this plus the rolling cache thing a try. 

-

10 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

I don't. I did however install the nVidia "game ready" drivers for MSFS. Some have suggested that they maybe were not so game ready. I might have to roll back to see if there is any difference...or just wait for the first update or two to see if the kinks get worked out.

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

8 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

I'll go ahead and give this plus the rolling cache thing a try. 

Please report how that works for you. If you see any positive difference, I'll do the same.

Chris

12 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Any reason you reverted to 446.14, and not the driver prior to the "Optimised" one?

-