Sign in to follow this  
thegeneral101

Stuttering Frames - Whats Causing it?

24 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Are you using any 3rd party apps like FSCUIP or SimConnect? Do you have anything peripherals via Bluetooth that you use in the game?

it seems that for some even if you don't have a 3rd party app running but still use FSCUIP or SC it will cause problems, you may have to uninstall it all together.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

34 minutes ago, thegeneral101 said:

okay I'll give that a try, thank you! 

And try without SPADNext too. SimConnect based apps cause stuttering and performance degradation in the MSFS release version (they didn't in Alpha/Beta).

Just for the record: every external app that is communicating with MSFS has the same problem - they are all using SimConnect. Currently there is no other way to access the sim. How bad it is depends on the frequency with which the app is querying data. You will hardly notice one update every second, but updating in sync with the visual frames almost kills the sim (and that is pretty much the standard setting).

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

47 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Are you using any 3rd party apps like FSCUIP or SimConnect? Do you have anything peripherals via Bluetooth that you use in the game?

I am not -- not yet anyway. 

Only TrackIr (it didn't seem to make a difference when it wasn't running). 

I will test the cache, download settings (although I have stable 400-900 mb download speeds), and the nvidia drivers roll back idea. Had to actually do some work...so I'll get back on this tonight.  

34 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Please report how that works for you. If you see any positive difference, I'll do the same.

Here's what I did:

1. Remove newest driver DDU, reboot.

2. Download 446.14 from NVIDIA, installed driver.

3. Turned off the rolling cache.

Result: No changes, stutters remain. You don't even have to start the actual flight, just stay in the preflight cinematic where the camera pans around the aircraft. Even when I set my settings to a level where I easily achieve 30FPS, the cinematic will stutter every few seconds.

Another thing I've tried because it came up in another thread:

1. Set VSYNC to half refresh rate in NVIDIA control panel.

2. Set VSYNC on and to 60FPS in Asobosim.

Result: No changes, see above.

• Like 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Thanks @Colonel X. I'm not going to speculate on what happened, but I will say that the performance tha I...wait, I mean a friend, yeah a friend that might have hypothetically told me about testing...that can neither be confirmed nor denied, appears to have been better in pre-release builds. 

• Like 1

Chris

I get bad stuttering at low altitudes regardless of wheter i am flying over cities or landscapes...climbing above around 1000feet it gets very smooth with some spikes every now and then.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

52 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Thanks @Colonel X. I'm not going to speculate on what happened, but I will say that the performance tha I...wait, I mean a friend, yeah a friend that might have hypothetically told me about testing...that can neither be confirmed nor denied, appears to have been better in pre-release builds. 

Hopefully this implies we will see a hotfix/patch in the near future. Thank your..uh..friend for me. 

2 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Any reason you reverted to 446.14, and not the driver prior to the "Optimised" one?

Yes, that was the one which was installed before.

I don't do automatic drivers updates because of this and I was happy with it in the Alpha.

I learned the hard way not to change anything if the result is already good.

• Like 1

nvidia surround?

What total resolution are you running?

Edited by Gomoto

4 hours ago, Colonel X said:

It's just the way it is right now. People crucify me for spelling it out, but you are free to look up videos on YouTube - the most high-end systems out there, they're all plagued by stutters. It's how this sim works for now. There's no secret cure, no setting that will eliminate them. Wait for a patch, but don't get your hopes up just yet, my estimate is that these stutters will be with us for a while.

Well.....I have settings set to High (one notch above what's recommended for my 4790K and GTX 970) at 30+FPS and no stuttering at all. So.....to say that everyone has the stutters just isn't quite correct.

• Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

The only stutters i have had have been when SPAD.next is connected since it uses simconnect to interface.  I understand that this will be cured in the next patch or two. The sim is by far the smoothest of any I have played (3700X and GTX 1080 on high setting using latest Nvidia driver).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Hmm, I have nothing running in the background, and wouldn't that be the first thing to check for the many people who are experiencing this?

I will test turning off the rolling cache, which seems to be a remedy for some.

The sim still has performance issues but here are the things which have helped me quite a bit:
1.  Turning off all AI aircraft traffic
2.  Setting all "airport life" sliders to zero (vehicle, ground aircraft, and worker density)
3.  Reducing land and sea traffic
4.  Turning off V-sync in the sim, and and enabling it through nvidia control panel along with a frame rate limitation of 60
5.  Ensuring "maximum performance" is checked in the nvidia control panel
6.  Turning off rolling cache
All of these things have reduced stutters for me and increased average FPS to the point that it's playable even in big cities and large airports.  Try it out and let me know how it does

• Like 1

Mark Javornik

9 minutes ago, MarkSC said:

The only stutters i have had have been when SPAD.next is connected since it uses simconnect to interface.  I understand that this will be cured in the next patch or two. The sim is by far the smoothest of any I have played (3700X and GTX 1080 on high setting using latest Nvidia driver).

I get massive studders with Flight Events moving maps now.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

its truely heartbreaking to read all these comments.  id pinned my hopes on this new shiny sim "years in the making" and beta tested by 1000s of people. 

back to p3d 😞 

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png