Sign in to follow this  
flightsim1818

How are your A320 landings?

Seriously, every landing I try to nail end up in a total failure. Over to Xplane 11 - Zibo 737. Perfect buttery landings everytime. Back to FS2020 - chaos. It can't be a matter of "getting used to".

This kills the entire joy for me. How are your landings? Talking about the airliners now in general and A320 in particular. Granted, I am used to 737 from Xplane but come on...the A320 behaves like flying brick. 

The MSFS A320NEO handling characteristics feels entirely different from ToLiss Airbus and FSLabs Airbus. ToLiss and FSLabs feels similar.

• Like 1

Zicheng Cai

A320 flight modeling is broken according to every A320 pilot I've read.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Well. I've just done a couple of landings in it and here's my take on the aircraft: The A/P is not impressive. I've never done an ILS landing in it. It is supremely annoying that the distance to the destination is not changed with the distance you've flown. There are no doubt more issues that I just can't think of from the top of my head. Compared to ToLiss it's leaps and bounds behind. 

That said; I feel it's quite nice to hand fly- There seems to be some kind of fly-by-wire implemented as if I pull it up, say 10 dgs while at the same time do a 5dg turn and then let go of the yoke it seems to want to keep that attitude. Actually doing nice landings in it is really easy and my take away from the experience would be just to hand fly as much as possible. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

The major problem I have is when I apply full right aileron and the aircraft continues to roll left. Usually during the flare. Usually with a quartering headwind.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

In x-plane i could land the zibo in any weather with any visibility. I am really struggling with the Airbus. Near the runway threshold it feels like the ground effect is too strong. I usually bounce on landing. Its certainly challenging. I am getting better though at landing. We are so used to landing other aircraft in other sims it may just be more practice required.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sanh said:

In x-plane i could land the zibo in any weather with any visibility. I am really struggling with the Airbus. Near the runway threshold it feels like the ground effect is too strong. I usually bounce on landing. Its certainly challenging. I am getting better though at landing. We are so used to landing other aircraft in other sims it may just be more practice required.

Yepp, sounds like my experience too.

I wouldn't mind practice IF the flightmodel is accurate. 

Yes it handles like those planes in GTA 5. The smaller jets are hilarious as well with a climb rate of 9000+ fpm. The smaller props are quite good though.

It's really bad, yes. I did two landings, both of which none of the passengers survived. The behaviour of the aircraft was baffling. Up, down, left, right, my commands had such a delay, in the end it was like, ok, let's see who's the pilot here, you will land now.

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I’ve found all the FS2020 planes difficult to land, especially the Airbus. More difficult than X-plane, and much more difficult than real airplane.  My real life experience is general aviation, and in the Citation 501 a well planned landing only requires closing the throttle and a little nose up attitude at flare. The MSFS CJ is much more challenging. Maybe leaving a little power on would help? I don’t know. 

I have become better at landing the Airbus. Just needs lots of practice. You then become more familiar and anticipate the behaviour.

• Like 1

It's a lot better when setting sensitivity of both pitch and roll to -75%. It's perfect for the Cessna 152 and also the Airbus becomes easier to handle. Out of the box, sensitivity is just EXTREME. You might not have to turn in down that much, as I am using the XBOX controller, but lowering it to your liking seems to be essential. A good benchmark is taking the 152, and during flight, adjust your sensitivity so that a full quick pull on the stick DOES NOT tear the airframe apart. Once you have that figured, you will find that all AC's handle much better and less twitchy.

Edited by Colonel X
  • Like 3

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

On 8/20/2020 at 5:31 PM, flightsim1818 said:

Seriously, every landing I try to nail end up in a total failure. Over to Xplane 11 - Zibo 737. Perfect buttery landings everytime. Back to FS2020 - chaos. It can't be a matter of "getting used to".

This kills the entire joy for me. How are your landings? Talking about the airliners now in general and A320 in particular. Granted, I am used to 737 from Xplane but come on...the A320 behaves like flying brick. 

Not just airbus, also boeing747 as well. Aircraft behaviour and rudder controls are un utter joke.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 5:39 PM, Slides said:

A320 flight modeling is broken according to every A320 pilot I've read.

What about B747? Is it ok for this aircraft to barrel-roll at 1000 feet? Behaves like crazy. Rudder reactions on any FS2020 aircraft is a joke. The more I play, the more word not allowed off I am.

Mine are getting better. Despite the less than perfect flight model, I've found it worth persevering with. You can have a look at two of my landings (and the rest of the flights) on my YouTube channel if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmiXdxpQlbpFLCA-Mb_diww

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM