Sign in to follow this  
kpop1364

Controls stop and start working

My controls for example yoke, throttle, etc. start and stop working so as not to be able to even control the aircraft. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks, Gerry

• Like 1

Are you changing your views or doing anything else when this happens?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

The engine controls on the 152 stop working in the VC after a while, you can't move them with the mouse. But I have the Saitek throttle quadrant, so I'm fine, but yes, they do stop working.

• Upvote 1

New here, joined from google search as I am having the same issue. Multiple different aircraft, multiple senarios, etc. Extremely aggrivating, the game is essentially broken IMO.

• Like 1

I started one of the tutorials in the 152 and my throttle lever was completely unresponsive.  Crashed.  So I started up a normal flight, no problem. Back to the tutorial... no problem.

There's definitely something wacky with the controls.

I have a Saitek throttle quadrant.

• Like 1

Sometimes the control points for all the adjustments move, for example I have to adjust altitude about one inch below the actual knob.  Setting up VS the pitch up and down buttons sometimes work sometimes don't but doesn't matter because eventually the autopilot will throw me straight up in the air and no amount of trim will fix it. At that point turning off the AP doesn't work either. I've crashed more in the past two days than I did in 10-years with FSX.

Edited by desbean

yes, I was having throttle control start and stop during flight using the icon plane. I have the saitek throttle quadrant and a thrustmaster joystick plugged in.  maybe a conflict somewhere?  although they both seem to work fine in the 172 skyhawk

Edited by Isaiah53six

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

That's exactly what's happening to me. Out of the blue my trim goes to full down several times (cessna citation) and other times my views will stop working. If I wait a few minutes the views start working again. Annoying as hell.

If I have a window undocked to another screen, for example the map, I have to click back on the main screen to bring the sim back into focus so that my controls start working again. Each time I loose my joystick I have to click back in the sim to make it work again.

• Like 1

Try pressing C or F 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm having the same issues using a Logitech 3D Extreme joystick. Controls would just freeze up. I've mostly flown the Cessna 152 and 172 so I'm not sure about other aircraft. I found that most times (but not always) if I hit the escape twice it would return to normal.

After random hours of flight, all controls and buttons inside the Caravan VC stop working. This is known as the Highlander Bug. Immortal!

• Like 1

I put the ATC window on my second monitor.  Whenever you use the ATC functions, All my controls stop responding. Need to click my mouse button back on main display to get my controls back. It's a pain in the butt when you forget to do this. 

Just thought I'd share this in case someone else runs into this. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

4 hours ago, glennav8r said:

If I have a window undocked to another screen, for example the map, I have to click back on the main screen to bring the sim back into focus so that my controls start working again. Each time I loose my joystick I have to click back in the sim to make it work again.

That’s what my problem was. I have a second monitor for pop outs... when I’m clicking on the ATC window on that monitor, the cockpit controls go dead. I was confused why I couldn’t throttle up after talking to ATC... that’s why.