Sign in to follow this  
FlyingInACessna

Liveries in MSFS

I noticed some AI aircraft at JFK with United’s new livery. Does that mean United struck an agreement with the sim? Has anyone seen any United liveries available for selection for any of the 787, A320, or 747-8?

All I noticed is...

There are no livery options for any aircraft, and Ms has locked down, restricted, encrypted all the folders so you can't even do repaints on your own system, so all those interviews about supporting the mod world have gone out the window. From here on in greed will take over, and you will have to pay for every mod.

Worst part about folders being hidden of having no access is, I have software that runs some of my peripherals, and I can't use my profiles correctly because there is NO FS.exe to point to.

I figured this would be the way it was going to be done but how are these folks making and using repaints currently ?

Rich Sennett

5 minutes ago, HC1Gunner said:

Ms has locked down, restricted, encrypted all the folders so you can't even do repaints on your own system, so all those interviews about supporting the mod world have gone out the window. From here on in greed will take over, and you will have to pay for every mod.

The content files are not locked, restricted, encrypted. They are in a normal folder.

The core app files are in a protected folder. No need to tinker with it for modding. Anyway you can take ownership of that folder and tinker with its contents too if you dare to...

• Upvote 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

10 minutes ago, HC1Gunner said:

All I noticed is...

There are no livery options for any aircraft, and Ms has locked down, restricted, encrypted all the folders so you can't even do repaints on your own system, so all those interviews about supporting the mod world have gone out the window. From here on in greed will take over, and you will have to pay for every mod.

Worst part about folders being hidden of having no access is, I have software that runs some of my peripherals, and I can't use my profiles correctly because there is NO FS.exe to point to.

LOL! I won't point you to them, but they already exist for the 320neo. I know because I'm using them. And they encrypted their own aircraft and airports so that you couldn't just copy the Premium Deluxe parts from your friends installation (as you might have guess, people have already tried that). Nothing nefarious about encrypting those. The SDK is for people to make new items with. MSFT has signed agreements with airlines as to what they will allow. And Asobo made that clear before MSFS shipped. Boo hoo if those get in the way of your immersion.

Edited by SeanMo

Okay. You want free liveries for MSFS aircraft? Have some liveries! There's even Air Kiribati!

So much for the greed taking over, comrade. Guess you'll have to find another way to bash this revolutionary product.

Edited by SeanMo

On 8/20/2020 at 1:07 PM, HC1Gunner said:

All I noticed is...

Not true livery packs just released by third party creators. All you got to do is put them in the community folder. Look it up on YouTube youll see it everywhere 

I don't fly heavy's, I stay with GA, I'm a back-country flier. Thanks for the the input on the Official folder, I found this from another post.

I've seen a few post on re-skinning the liveries, but they have all over written the the vanilla files. I've not seen anyone create several liveries that show up as options under liveries for the aircraft. I wonder if you could add folders, somewhere in the directory, so that under the AC in the game, you switch between different liveries.

It looks like this what Asobo intended to do, I just really surprised that Asobo didn't ship the game with multiple livery options. For Asobo this would be easy. since the the UV mapping layout for each AC. I didn't look around, but I'm guessing we don't have access to the 3D model files, where we could load into a 3D program and see the skin (UV mapping).

G:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-xcub\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_XCub\TEXTURE

I've been able to figure out most of the fuselage, but the wing and the tail feathers are proving to be much more difficult.