Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

I just have one thing to say

I have plenty of HD space. So, no reason to uninstall P3D for me. However, I did uninstall the Orbx modules since there's no longer a point to attempting to make P3D a VFR friendly simulator.

When I feel the need to indulge in procedures and high level simulation my PMDG, FSL and Majestic aircraft are there resting in my hanger.

A year from now, or whenever it happens, when these aircraft are available for MSFS, it will them be time for a fond farewell to P3D.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

I have one thing to say as well: who cares? 

TrueSky in P3Dv5 is absolutely untouchable for anyone looking for a true IFR experience. 

You uninstalled it? Good for you. Nobody cares. 

Yet you reply with a comment about your clouds, and a number of people replied and agreed. So people do care. Good flying mate

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

TrueSky in P3Dv5 is absolutely untouchable for anyone looking for a true IFR experience. 

Obviously, you do.

• Like 12

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I’m the same p3d off and all the add ins that went with it. Lufthansa paint on the a320, yeah it’s got it’s quirks but once you learn to fly with them it’s enjoyable, plus the smaller aircraft are a pleasure to fly and take in the scenery.

The Canary Islands have never looked so good, doing circuits of GCFV GCLP and GCTS with live weather and traffic, it looks simply stunning. 

plus it’s day 3 straight out the box well the cloud, imagine what the future holds. 

Paul

• Like 2

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

Fascinating statement, this need to remove the other sim(s).  Despite the obvious improvements in the new scenery engine which is nothing short of marvelous, P3D w/ all the trimmings, all of them, is still such a decent total experience I definitely will not be removing it any time soon.  It will be a while before the new sim matches the depth of P3D with all it's 3rd party content--and a lot of it is real high quality stuff.  Just did a lovely dawn flight out Orbx KJAC to KSLC and my goodness it was breathtaking--the layers of clouds and sky colors, lighting, etc.  FSCaptain.  GSXII.  And also, despite the photoreal fidelity of the new sim in some ways P3D looks more real, more depth of field.  I was flying in a 172S around dusk, around KSBP last night and the sky just looked fake and painted.  And terrestrial lighting was just kind of too bold and blurry.  Major road edges were very blurry in spots.  Hopefully these niggles can be tweaked and fine tuned over time.  But in other flying in the new sim it's remarkable the fidelity to the actual landscape.   I just flew around Broomfield CO and it was pretty nice to recognize where I was.  Phenomenal change in visuals, in many ways in particular with high fidelity to the actual landscape and at a phenomanal performance level, just astounding.  I hope as I say they can sharpen some edges and dim the amount of glow/halo around night lighting it seems overcooked.

• Like 4

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

13 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

So who cares what you think?  The only purpose of this post is to be inflammatory and there's no place for that here.  So go away please.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

I have uninstalled P3D

The thing I have to say might seem strange

I consider buying P3D V5 now after getting MSF. I will try to explain

I have just purchased a new videocard a 2070 Super. My experience was that FSXSE and P3D 2.5 (which I have) gave no noticeable improvement. XP11 gave clear improvement. And DCS and MSF gave huge improvement. I have many quality add on plane for P3D  like Majestic Q400 and A2A planes. These I can't fly in MSF. Flying these planes in version 2 makes no sense so I want V5 to take advantage of my new videocard. Also I got many ORBX scenery. I made a comparison flight in Cairns with MSF and P3D2 and my impression was that P3D+Orbx was better.

I for sure will also use MSF and its main advantage is that default scenery is so good and we have it in all the world. For example from ESGP close to where I live it is more accurate than XP11 with Ortho4XP. I could identify the house I live in. In FSXSE+UTX+GEX it is very inaccurate and in P3D default even worse.

39 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

you do care you came here to say something about it . tell you this go rent a banner that says "P3Dv5 2021 dont delete this beauty because i care " you can have that flying around manhattan....

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

3TB of Ortho scenery,, 6,243,234 addons from X-Plane store and an additional 4,254  dependencies the addons needed to work correctly so  the Ortho could be populated correctly.  And X-Plane..

Deleted..  I'm over making maintaining a sim a full time job...  While it has its teething issues and annoyances.. I can fly MSFS 2020 out of the box with only a fraction of the footprint and frustration with similar results.. 

NO LONGER HAVING TO DEAL WITH THE CONVOLUTED MESS THAT SCENERY_PACKS.INI IS...  PURE BLISS

Edited by styckx
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 hours ago, vcarlo said:

I have to admit. This sim has a deep learning curve and there have been many frustrations getting thru the download and installation. 

I have always been about enjoying high quality payware aircraft from excellent flight modeling and new Garmin/Proline avionics !  Even though these are not yet available to purchase or fly,  just spending time in default aircraft while looking at this BEAUTIFUL WORLD (environment, land, water, weather, buildings,etc) is truly an AWESOME experience !

After taking a short "flight" around my home town and seeing commercial malls and stores that exactly duplicated the exterior I see on the ground, I have also removed P3D v 4 and v5.  I could never return no matter what. The clincher was flying over my local "WhataBurger" and seeing their big beautiful orange and white stripes covering the roof. ! 😁😍😂

Right? I flew over my house, my buddies, and my brothers. All there, and done completely by VFR using the roads and landmarks. Freaking amazing! 👍

Now Asobo just needs to do some fixes and tweaks to make this the only sim to buy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

So who cares what you think?  The only purpose of this post is to be inflammatory and there's no place for that here.  So go away please.

Never said anyone did, but I'm also not starting "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!!!" threads.

• Upvote 1

It will be hard to go back to Xplane 11 after this, but I will still keep it for now. The main issue I always had with XP 11 was the trees, no-one could seem to make decent looking trees. I made my own and they looked pretty good, but not sure if I'll finish that or not.

XP 11 could look good with the proper ortho, after all it had ok autogen, but it cannot match the autogen in this of course, not even close. However, if flying 2000+ AGL, then I don't feel like a huge difference in the country between XP 11 graphics and this, if using Ortho4XP. You could actually do higher res in XP 11, so not sure.

Flying close to the ground, yah, MSFS texture overlays and detail texture is much better than XP11's at low altitudes, especially on landing and take-off (that's the biggest difference IMO).

Edited by SceneryFX
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

1 minute ago, mtr75 said:

Never said anyone did, but I'm also not starting "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!!!" threads.

Indeed. But you're sure as hell trying to turn this one into a look at you thread.

• Like 5

I haven't yet, but I will be uninstalling P3D soon.  My reasons are specific.  I've had a great time with P3D...it's been a wonderful product.  But I'm a minimalist by nature.  I don't want to have multiple sims, jumping through hoops, tweaking, maintaining accounts across a dozen portals...blah, blah, blah.

I've been an avid simmer for 30+ years now.  I was even a developer on the Fly! 2 team way back in the day.  I've been lurking on this forum since the 90's.

I'm very excited about the future with MSFS 2020.  I'm envisioning a ten year ongoing rapid development cycle...and it's day 3!  Wow!

It's in my nature to go all in on one thing, and that one thing is going to be MSFS 2020.  It's a generational leap ahead of everything else in almost every way that matters to me.  If that ever changes (and it might) then I'll revisit that decision.  But for now...that's it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2