Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Imagine where MSFS will be in 3 years?

I can't believe how many people on here have forgotten that this is a 10 year project. start complaining after 10 years!

I have said it before, I have will say it again, I have not had any problems running MsFS no CTD nothing, so if you are having problems with it, It's being created by YOU!☺️

• Like 1

I'm 72.  I hope I'm still alive to see it.

• Like 3

Jeff | Private Pilot SEL, Tailwheel  Endorsement | A&P Mechanic

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | GPU: EVGA RTX3080 Black | MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi) | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 16 | SSDs: 2Tb Samsung M.2 980 Pro, 1Tb Samsung M.2 970 Pro, | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A | Monitors: LG 27GP850, Dell P2715Q | Misc: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS

3 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

I have watched the videos.  That's my point.  And the example you included from 320 Sim Pilot is actually a great example FOR my point (he's one of my favorites).  He's not an apologist - happily points out the current limitations of msfs .. but he alse really enjoys it and has never once declared that it "should never have been released".  He points out the current flaws and moves on.. still completes his flights.

Clearly the sim was released too early by yours (and others) standards.  Personal opinion treads into tantrum when one declares that if its "not right for me, it shouldnt be right for anyone".  If MS/Asobo had waited for every feature to be 100% correct, then there would be a huge population who are loving it now (even at this stage) who would have been forced to wait another couple of years with "inferior" experiences (opinion mine) in last gen sims.  I'd personally rather enjoy the process getting in on "the ground floor" and watching with excitement as new patches come out and new teams deliver their latest mods.  If that makes me a "paid beta tester" then so be it.. who cares?, lol.  TBH, I would have happily paid $60 to have gotten in on the pre-release beta (and I suspect I wouldnt have been alone).

This . Well said sir . 

Dazza

I think it's more the uncertainty that stresses many users if Asobo will be capable to fix all the issues before dropping the project. I am really frustrated either, the last flight were just horrible, CTD and fps drops. That what counts is patience now. Just use the sim for what it's good right now and leave the rest until it is fixed. I know it's hard, but nothing to change about it, except using other sim's until msfs is ready.

• Like 1

Ok this is what I am talking about

https://ibb.co/vHqfgz7

What is going on with plan? The blue line is the filed plan, loaded into MSFS without the approaches. The redline I have drawn is what MSFS turns my plan into? Where is the rest of my plan The circled black area is completely missing. Does not happen in other sims.

I added the SID and Approach via the Garmin. Why is all of my plan missing, That messes up a lot of planning not to mention it makes Pilot2Atc not happy. This is what I am talking about, and it happens all the time in MSFS

Edited by a321

1 hour ago, jpc55 said:

I can't believe how many people on here have forgotten that this is a 10 year project. start complaining after 10 years!

I have said it before, I have will say it again, I have not had any problems running MsFS no CTD nothing, so if you are having problems with it, It's being created by YOU!☺️

Yeah sure it is. Ok..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

No disrespect to you, but are you a type rated CRJ pilot in real life?  Because edwardthepilot is. And he doesn't have issues with the CRJ in MSFS.  In fact, edwardthepilot has said most people that have problems flying the CRJ in MSFS is because they don't know the plane well enough in real life.

There are obviously some minor bugs with the CRJ and they will be fixed with time (and of course some bugs with MSFS too).  But if a type rated CRJ pilot says you can fly the MSFS CRJ on VATSIM without issues, I take his word over other people that are not type rated in the CRJ in real life. And TimeToJet is another type rated CRJ pilot in real life who also said the MSFS CRJ is quite good and he really enjoys it.

Where in any of my posts did I say the CRJ has problems? I said the Sim does look at this

This is what I am complaining about. Not the CRJ. The issues I am talking about are the base sim.. Stop being so quick to defend, and look at what I am saying. God Sake, it is the Zombie Hive mind around here!

Why is plan being changed so much. Does not happen in other sims, to me its a really bad flaw, it messes things up. 

The plan is loaded into MSFS without SID's or STARS, I load them in the plane, and this happens every time. Why? its stupid. yes the approach may very well be valid, but that's not how I planed my flight, to take in to account everything.

The are you a pilot thing is just stupid, what I am is of no consequence, there is a problem here in the base sim and its stupid. In any other sim I can add remove approaches and my plan remains unchanged, If I assign a stupid STAR miles away from where I am coming from that's my bad and bad planning, but my filed plan remains unchanged, in my image that changes many things. Pilot2ATC is very accurate, and no I did not plan the flight in Pilot2Atc that makes no difference, this always happens.

Edited by a321
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jpc55 said:

10 year lifespan of a working product, not 10 years to get to a working product.  Some of the people who have paid for the product might not even be around in 10 years, given the realities of the age distribution of the flight sim community.  Customers deserve a working product now.

Also, quite the victim blaming kissing-Asobo's-rear-end attitude.  There are multiple problems with the sim no matter how hard you want to stick your fingers in your ears.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, jpc55 said:

But yet, it was sold and continues to be sold as a full priced AAA product and NOT as an "Early Access" candidate.

1 hour ago, jpc55 said:

I have said it before, I have will say it again, I have not had any problems running MsFS no CTD nothing, so if you are having problems with it, It's being created by YOU!

Absurd.  All of this.

• Upvote 4

I keep seeing threads like this as well as threads about people's many complaints about sim shortcomings and it always makes me think of No Mans Sky. If you've never heard of this game go read up about it. Complete turn around in regards to initial expectations being crushed and current enjoyment among the player base now after a few years of work (all free updates). I see MSFS going the same way

• Like 1

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

54 minutes ago, a321 said:

Where in any of my posts did I say the CRJ has problems? I said the Sim does look at this

This is what I am complaining about. Not the CRJ. The issues I am talking about are the base sim.. Stop being so quick to defend, and look at what I am saying. God Sake, it is the Zombie Hive mind around here!

Why is plan being changed so much. Does not happen in other sims, to me its a really bad flaw, it messes things up. 

The plan is loaded into MSFS without SID's or STARS, I load them in the plane, and this happens every time. Why? its stupid. yes the approach may very well be valid, but that's not how I planed my flight, to take in to account everything.

The are you a pilot thing is just stupid, what I am is of no consequence, there is a problem here in the base sim and its stupid. In any other sim I can add remove approaches and my plan remains unchanged, If I assign a stupid STAR miles away from where I am coming from that's my bad and bad planning, but my filed plan remains unchanged, in my image that changes many things. Pilot2ATC is very accurate, and no I did not plan the flight in Pilot2Atc that makes no difference, this always happens.

Stop using the built in fp. I out all my wp in manually and avoid issues like this. Only time I use the built-in flight planner is when I'm doing short hops in a ga plane 

8 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

I keep seeing threads like this as well as threads about people's many complaints about sim shortcomings and it always makes me think of No Mans Sky. If you've never heard of this game go read up about it. Complete turn around in regards to initial expectations being crushed and current enjoyment among the player base now after a few years of work (all free updates). I see MSFS going the same way

That was an indie developer with a small team that felt obligated to deliver on what they had promised.  Also the developer is a private company, so once they raked in all the $$$ from the initial sales of the game, they had complete control over what happens with that $$$ (ie, use it to make a new game and leave everyone hanging, or use it to improve No Man's Sky at no cost to players).

NMS also came out in August, and by the following April had had 2 giant updates which added entirely new content and game play mechanics that weren't even there at release.

Asobo supposedly has 100+ people working on MSFS and we are getting nowhere near the level of new stuff No Man's Sky received.  They can barely keep the word not allowed sim working in the week before and week after an update.  It's broken like 1/2 the time.

• Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

45 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Stop using the built in fp. I out all my wp in manually and avoid issues like this. Only time I use the built-in flight planner is when I'm doing short hops in a ga plane 

I am using simbreif. I don't use the built in flight planner. But I have to load it in msfs to get it in the SIM. As with all the WT Garmin mods and PMS-gns 530 you can can get CTD's loading waypoints, and above all I should not have too. 

This issue also happens with the CRJ hence me saying it 

I have Navigraph etc in all my Sims. This is a huge issue that if fixed would also fix many other issues. 

Wait let me be very clear here..

For the A32NX / CJ4 / Aerosoft CRJ I use the Simbrief integration or download the plan from simbrief using the Simbrief tool for the CRJ in the native Aerosoft format, for GA  (VFR only) like you I use the planner, for the picture I posted I was using a Simbrief plan loaded into MSFS to get the plan into the Garmin with the TBM 930. If there was a way to open the plan directly in in the Garmin that would be good. But I should not have to load way points into the Garmin, I should not have my plan being changed so drastically and this has happened to me with the CRJ using an exported native CRJ flight plan. I DO NOT USE THE BUILT IN FLIGHT PLANNER TO ACTUALLY PLAN A FLIGHT.

Lets look at the A32NX.
From their GitHub page

Autopilot goes direct to RWY on APP (same with the default A320) [Workaround: Use DIR to a waypoint or selected heading]

This is not their fault!! its the sim and this kind of stuff should not be happening!

Working title:

[NavMap] Airspaces are currently not available to display. The way the game loads data for these features is unreliable at best, and more time is needed to come up with a satisfactory solution to rendering them. Expect them to be added back at a later date.

[NavMap] Traffic is temporarily disabled. This feature will be added back in a future release.

[NavMap] The flight plan renderer currently does not draw turn anticipation arcs or turn to intercept legs. These will be added later.

[NavMap] All airport waypoints are shown as if they are serviced, regardless of whether they actually are. This is because waypoint data from the game is currently missing this information.

None of this is their fault, but THEY ARE TRYING TO FIX IT!!

Lets just agree....the sim has some issues, that affect a wide range of areas of flight simming. I am not saying X-Plane or any other sim is perfect, but if you want realism these kind of things are the basics and I am sorry no matter how much people want to deny it, MSFS is just not there yet, that's all. Everything at the moment in MSFS seems like a huge compromise, and TO ME and maybe ONLY ME, it is just not good enough, hence why I dont play it so much, Yes after sim update 3 it became more of a simulator, again TO ME, but these issues are still huge and they need fixing ASAP, not more eye candy, not more whatever else, fix the core issues.  I am positive I am not the only one who feels like this. 

Of course MSFS has some majorly amazing things, but sadly what is still not working are very important things.

Edited by a321
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, a321 said:

I am using simbreif. I don't use the built in flight planner. But I have to load it in msfs to get it in the SIM. As with all the WT Garmin mods and PMS-gns 530 you can can get CTD's loading waypoints, and above all I should not have too. 

This issue also happens with the CRJ hence me saying it 

I have Navigraph etc in all my Sims. This is a huge issue that if fixed would also fix many other issues. 

Wait let me be very clear here..

For the A32NX / CJ4 / Aerosoft CRJ I use the Simbrief integration or download the plan from simbrief using the Simbrief tool for the CRJ , for GA  (VFR only) like you I use the planner, for the picture I posted I was using a Simbrief plan loaded into MSFS to get the plan into the Garmin with the TBM 930. If there was a way to open the plan directly in in the Garmin that would be good. But I should not have to load way points into the Garmin, I should not have my plan being changed so drastically and this has happened to me with the CRJ using an exported native CRJ flight plan. I DO NOT USE THE BUILT IN FLIGHT PLANNER TO ACTUALLY PLAN A FLIGHT.

Lets look at the A32NX.
From their GitHub page

This is not their fault!! its the sim and this kind of stuff should not be happening!

Working title:

None of this is their fault, but THEY ARE TRYING TO FIX IT!!

Lets just agree....the sim has some issues, that affect a wide range of areas of flight simming. I am not saying X-Plane or any other sim is perfect, but if you want realism these kind of things are the basics and I am sorry no matter how much people want to deny it, MSFS is just not there yet, that's all. Everything at the moment in MSFS seems like a huge compromise, and TO ME and maybe ONLY ME, it is just not good enough, hence why I dont play it so much, Yes after sim update 3 it became more of a simulator, again TO ME, but these issues are still huge and they need fixing ASAP, not more eye candy, not more whatever else, fix the core issues.  I am positive I am not the only one who feels like this. 

Of course MSFS has some majorly amazing things, but sadly what is still not working are very important things.

SimBrief has known problems with MSFS.  Maybe you should stop using SimBrief until the problems are fixed.  People that input their flight plans manually are able to fly fine in IFR without problems. 

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

10 year lifespan of a working product, not 10 years to get to a working product.  Some of the people who have paid for the product might not even be around in 10 years, given the realities of the age distribution of the flight sim community.  Customers deserve a working product now.

Also, quite the victim blaming kissing-Asobo's-rear-end attitude.  There are multiple problems with the sim no matter how hard you want to stick your fingers in your ears.

But we are getting another excellent World Update so who cares...

Let them "Eat Cake"!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chris Camp