Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

How do I permanently set the speed of my dronecamera?

Save as hot key?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Well I do have drone speed increase on Y, and decrease on A (xbox controller), but strangely enough they dont work when I use them. So I thought Id rather have my drone default to a higher speed. Right now it is at 7% which is like walking speed. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

On 8/20/2020 at 1:19 PM, Andreas Stangenes said:

When I set it in the quick menu, it resets every time I go out of the drone. I can't find any speed setting for the drone in the camera menu in the esc menu. 

@Andreas Stangenes It's been almost 2 years. Has this issue been resolved so that the speed setting can be made permanent? Thanks.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

They need to make these camera settings stick! It's such a PITA to have to go in and redo them every time!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, bofhlusr said:

@Andreas Stangenes It's been almost 2 years. Has this issue been resolved so that the speed setting can be made permanent? Thanks.

Not one quality of life setting is saved in MSFS. Been that way from release day till now.

It is my understanding, (Don't know it to be true); that upon the very first launch of MSFS, whatever settings you make for QOL. items before the first shutdown; becomes the Sims default settings at every startup thereafter. 

I was tempted to try uninstalling MSFS and delete all folders and files associated with MSFS, then reinstall to see if this is true. I thought better of that when I remembered that it was going to take all day, and half a night just to download, and considering a lot of settings (Controller settings for example), are stored via Cloud Storage, I decided to leave well enough alone, and hope that one day within the next 8 years MS/ASOBO, will get around to addressing this. 

PS. if anyone is able to change and save QOL. settings, please share what they are and how you did it.

I take that back. One QOL setting is saved. Airplane registrations are now saved. 

Edited by Romeo_Tango
add information

Robin

I reserved one hat for increase or decrease drone translation speed and drone rotation speed. As you know, you can make any button do one or two or a dozen things simultaneously in msfs controls. Like this, button 4 on my Warthog hat. If I flip the hat the other direction (8), then it decreases both speeds. Default, the drone rotates and translates way too slowly.

spacer.png

By the way, if I punch that same hat inward (2), then it resets the drone directly behind the tail of the plane, which msfs command is: RESET DRONE TARGET OFFSET

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.