Sign in to follow this  
avaition enthusiast

project airbus fmc not working

Hi, 

can someone help me with this problem I am having?. So I decide to download this a320 from the avsim library called the project airbus. I followed installation instructions. The aircraft is in game but the fmc has a red 0 underneath it. Sometimes it also turns on for a split second, but then turns back off. There are no sids, stars and the buttons don't work. I followed the guide, where it says to place the xmltool.dll file into the root fsx folder. It also asks me to then place this code into the dll.xml file which should be found in the .....appdata/ roaming, but I found mine in the sdk file in the root fsx folder. This is how I wrote the code 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>XMLTools</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>XMLTools.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document> 

I also put this C:\\Documents and Settings\\Your User name\\My documents\\Flight Simulator X Files\\  and doubled each of these backward slashes(\). Where it says Your user name, I obviously put my name. 

I don't know what i am doing wrong, please if someone could answer and help me. I spent 1 whole day trying to figure it out, but was unsuccessful. I am using fsx:se btw.

The dll.xml file is in the same place your FSX.cfg is stored. It is not in the SDK file in the root of FSX.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

This should be the path:  C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Don't know what it could hurt!  Could you list the exact download file you used?  I know you called it project airbus but how about what xxyyzz.zip is it?

Charlie Aron

I found it!

From the PDF file: 

Note : Folder or files can be « hidden », or « system », so, you must set your file explorer to see hidden files and you must have Admin rights for others users than XP » users. If you have Windows Vista or Seven , dll.xml is located in the following folder : - C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\

Do you have hidden files and folders open so you can see them?  What applies to Win7 should also apply to Win10.

You may have to go to Control Panel/ Folders and go into Advanced to find and check "Show Hidden files and folders.

Charlie Aron

The other one to check on in the same place is "show common extensions". under folders/advanced.  never hurts to make sure.  Other than that, I'm stumped!

Charlie Aron

26 minutes ago, avaition enthusiast said:

I don't see the show common extensions, but I do see this option "hide extensions for known file types."

OK, that's the one!  Make sure that's unchecked.

Charlie Aron

I have never used it! Just a thought...you may want to verify your game cache!

Verify Integrity of Game Files

Restart your computer and launch Steam.

From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.

Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Charlie Aron

😞 Don't mind the sad face for some reason it won't go. 

Ok I will try to verify the integrity of the game files, probably tomorrow or when I get free time. I will edit this post afterwards.

Edited by avaition enthusiast