Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Black Screen - Can't recover

Anyone experiencing any issues with their screens going entirely black after a while in any part of the menu and not in flight? Seems like my video output (RTX2080s) is getting completely disconnected/corrupted. I have two machines connected to this monitor so if I switch to another input all is well. Happened for the third time since retail came out, never had this happen in alpha, absolutely zero config changes on the local box. The only way to recover is a reboot.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

5 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Anyone experiencing any issues with their screens going entirely black after a while in any part of the menu and not in flight? Seems like my video output (RTX2080s) is getting completely disconnected/corrupted. I have two machines connected to this monitor so if I switch to another input all is well. Happened for the third time since retail came out, never had this happen in alpha, absolutely zero config changes on the local box. The only way to recover is a reboot.

that sounds like a hard crash of the graphics card. Maybe it’s over heating. 

Edited by MrStarhouse

I'll monitor the temps, but being in the menus shouldn't really affect the temp, but then again you never know with this thing. I'll check it out. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I had the same thing this evening. I overstressed my plane, enough said about that, went through the reload procedure and was presented with a totally unresponsive black screen. I waited patiently for several minutes before deciding nothing was going to come of anything.

A restart and the sim said 'what? WHAT?

🙄

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I am going to monitor this closely and if I get few more instances, I'll Zendesk it. Da*n, I really have PTSD from filing the Zendesk tickets. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

@Ron Attwood

Ron, I installed the newest NVIDIA driver and it seems to have gone away. Interestingly, it was a matter of few days between I got rid of the 1.6.13.0 alpha and what I discovered this evening is that the installation of the retail hosed my NVIDIA Experience, which I'm also assuming affected the video drivers in some capacity. Try that. 

Jacek G.

@Drumcode Believe it or not - in the main menu my GPU (1080) is running at 100% and starts cooking, (for CPU and RAM very low usage).....but only in the main menu.

After that is all ok.

For whatever reason, I can't get the FPS onto the screen, changed assigned keys eg. I have to go to developer mode to get the indication. For temp-control I use Corsair app.

Best regards

Detlef

This continues on happening to me, even on short flights. This is off to Zendesk.

Jacek G.