Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Importing a flight plan?

Anyone knows if fscommamder will release a new version? 

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

Here is a quick method with Skyvector and LittleNavMap:

Create the plan in Skyvector.  Copy the text line in the Skyvector flight plan box.  Paste that into the LittleNavMap window, Flight Plan, New Flight Plan from Route Description window. 

N0100A100 ZIPPY V97 COKED

Add the code for the departure and destination airports

KUMP N0100A100 ZIPPY V97 COKED KIGQ

Then ask LittleNavMap to Read Read Route Description.  Done!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The one issue I've run into is that when loading a external PLN the sim defaults to placing you on the runway with engines running.   If you try to set a parking spot as your departure in the flight planner it resets the route you've loaded.   (It's possible if your planner allows you to pick a starting spot in the PLN itself it might be picked up by the sim, I've only experimented flying out of smaller airports that are lacking parking info in the X-Plane database I'm using until LNM can read the MSFS scenery library.

Why couldn’t MS just allow editing the route directly like a text box? It would be a lot simpler to just copy and paste like most nav softwares. Another annoying feature is how when you add a fix manually on the menu map it seems to be inserted where the simulator wants, and the user has no control (aka insert before or after).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You can click on the leg (blue line) on the world map to choose where the "add" button will insert the waypoint/airport etc. It gets highlighted and then when you click "add" it will insert the waypoint into that leg of the plan. Hope that helps

On 8/20/2020 at 11:50 PM, Adrian123 said:

Got it, Had to remove airways from the plan then it loaded.

Can you explain how you do this? I can load a VFR plan from LNM but not IFR. Nothing happens in the world map when I try to load an IFR plan. Thanks

When loading a flightplan, you will start on the runway. If you locate your aircraft at a gate or ramp, wanting to start from cold and dark, MSFS will create it's own flightplan. 

3 minutes ago, beep747 said:

When loading a flightplan, you will start on the runway. If you locate your aircraft at a gate or ramp, wanting to start from cold and dark, MSFS will create it's own flightplan. 

Well don't do that.

Look what parking stop you want to use and select it from the drop down menu under airport, that way it does not change your flight plan.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 8/31/2020 at 12:13 AM, kaosfere said:

The one issue I've run into is that when loading a external PLN the sim defaults to placing you on the runway with engines running.   If you try to set a parking spot as your departure in the flight planner it resets the route you've loaded.   (It's possible if your planner allows you to pick a starting spot in the PLN itself it might be picked up by the sim, I've only experimented flying out of smaller airports that are lacking parking info in the X-Plane database I'm using until LNM can read the MSFS scenery library.

As I said above Rob, Don't click on a parking spot, select it from the menu below the airport and your flight plan has not changed and your C&D staring were you selected.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

30 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well don't do that.

Look what parking stop you want to use and select it from the drop down menu under airport, that way it does not change your flight plan.

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the advise. 

On 8/31/2020 at 1:02 AM, shadow133 said:

Why couldn’t MS just allow editing the route directly like a text box? It would be a lot simpler to just copy and paste like most nav softwares. Another annoying feature is how when you add a fix manually on the menu map it seems to be inserted where the simulator wants, and the user has no control (aka insert before or after).

Oh I completely agree!!  That would have been so nice.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

As I said above Rob, Don't click on a parking spot, select it from the menu below the airport and your flight plan has not changed and your C&D staring were you selected.

Yep, thanks!   I figured that out shortly after I wrote the original post.   The new issue I have is that sometimes the planner likes to override my final waypoint when select an approach.   But it's possible it's just me doing something else silly.   😄

On 9/6/2020 at 7:24 AM, ryanbatcund said:

Oh I completely agree!!  That would have been so nice.

I may have figured out a way to add fixes/waypoints where you want them, i.e., between specific fixes. By clicking first on a segment, the “line” becomes highlighted white, now select a fix manually on the map you want to add on that segment and add it. It would have been much more simple to allow writing directly on the route section and/or drag and reorder them, but I managed to make it function marginally better now.

Unfortunately, in the A320neo you can load the FP from Simbrief but if you want the start "cold and dark" you have to choose a parking spot which then makes the FP unusable. That has been my experience. Does anyone know how to use a Simbrief plan in FS2020 and an aircraft with the engines off?