Sign in to follow this  
Flyfaster_MTN002

1.63 GB update just released

13 minutes ago, Martin Byrde said:

u can have 2 installs of msfs on same pc without issues?

When you buy a copy of msfs, regardless of source, it associates that copy to your microsoft account, so ya it works.  I have been using the steam version which i plan to keep.  I only started up the one from the MS store because of the OP said there was an update but I didnt have one when I launched the steam version.  Out of fear that updates are pushed through the ms store version, I launched the ms store version, no update.

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Just flew it after update. Let he AI run the King Air 350. It ran much smoother over the (cached) LA basin and into Palomar via the ILS 24. Interesting see the ATC comms not in proper english. Also the G3000 center screen controls are blocked. Lastly lots of weird shaped objects at runway end.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

18 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

Just flew it after update. Let he AI run the King Air 350. It ran much smoother over the (cached) LA basin and into Palomar via the ILS 24. Interesting see the ATC comms not in proper english. Also the G3000 center screen controls are blocked. Lastly lots of weird shaped objects at runway end.

The shapes are probably badly rendered photogrammetry trees (they show up as deformed blocks sometimes). You can turn off photogrammetry if it gets too annoying. I leave it off unless I'm landmark spotting.

More news with the 8/27 update?  Well when my new system is ready Saturday or Sunday I may first install and then from backups pull over my FSX-SE installation and configurations.  While I am in the system maintenance hangar I have just done too much reading here.  I wasn't included in Alpha or Beta.  I may now shoot for Delta or Epsilon....  and skip Charlie.  I just want to fly...  The avionics  and true IFR navigation are of key importance to me. 

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

34 minutes ago, fppilot said:

More news with the 8/27 update?  Well when my new system is ready Saturday or Sunday I may first install and then from backups pull over my FSX-SE installation and configurations.  While I am in the system maintenance hangar I have just done too much reading here.  I wasn't included in Alpha or Beta.  I may now shoot for Delta or Epsilon....  and skip Charlie.  I just want to fly...  The avionics  and true IFR navigation are of key importance to me. 

The avionics and WX do work well for practice it seems. Just lot of autopilot button pushing since can't get the word not allowed yoke working properly!

1 minute ago, Flyfaster said:

The avionics and WX do work well for practice it seems. Just lot of autopilot button pushing since can't get the word not allowed yoke working properly!

Well to be honest live weather is not working for many of us

• Upvote 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just now, suchw said:

Well to be honest live weather is not working for many of us

I said WX works well for IFR. Didn't say it worked well or was live properly! 🙂

Look at the wording: "expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update." That means they need to give themselves a whole week just to figure out when it's safe to say they can release a patch that won't land them in a second fiasco. In other words, the issue that was an issue before the release, was ignored until the release, and it's turned out to be complicated enough they simply don't know when a patch will be ready. Nice.

And now, for at least the next seven days, unless you are already a simmer and browse sites like this regularly for advice and recommendations, you'll have no idea what you might be getting yourself into when you press the "buy now" button on either Xbox or Steam.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

I said WX works well for IFR. Didn't say it worked well or was live properly! 🙂

My bad lol

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

4 minutes ago, hypercide said:

And now, for at least the next seven days, unless you are already a simmer and browse sites like this regularly for advice and recommendations, you'll have no idea what you might be getting yourself into when you press the "buy now" button on either Xbox or Steam.

Just a travesty for the $1 I spent...

Almost.png

Edited by SceneryFX
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

9 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

Just a travesty for the $1 I spent...

Almost.png

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47mb5cb7t1p828e3sd56

Edited by YVRDXBLHR
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, hypercide said:

Look at the wording: "expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update." That means they need to give themselves a whole week just to figure out when it's safe to say they can release a patch that won't land them in a second fiasco. In other words, the issue that was an issue before the release, was ignored until the release, and it's turned out to be complicated enough they simply don't know when a patch will be ready. Nice.

Yep these are the risks management take for a product out the door before significant bugs have been rectified, it's a she will be right mate attitude and probably asobo knew this would happen but could do nothing,must be incredibly annoying for the testers would highlights bugs months ago that are still there release day, having said that we have it now and most are enjoying, the future is bright and will get better

Edited by suchw

Wayne such

14 minutes ago, hypercide said:

Really should add "In my opinion" because there are no facts to this statement?

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

"expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update."

This looks like a fact to me (imho) - it's from the "horse's mouth" LOL. Expect a release date for the patch on the 27th. It does not say a patch will be released on the 27th.

Does it look great? Yeah. Is it worth buying? Yeah. Is it fun Yeah. But that's not the point. I would bet my savings that MSFS will be better and improved in the future, but reading between the lines,  as stated the patch will deal with "recent" issues which to me means: installation issues, and not some of the things that are not finished.

Why do people get mad at the messenger? 

Edited by SlowFlyer
  • Like 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply