Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 20th, 2020 - Development Update

AUGUST 20TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

Screenshot-1552.jpg

THANK YOU

Thank you for all of the amazing support and feedback we’ve received since launching MSFS on the 18th!

– MSFS TEAM

Development-Banner-GIF.gif

EXPERIENCING TURBULENCE?

The team is currently working hard to provide a patch update to address issues that have been recently reported. Expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update.

In the meantime, to help those of you experiencing issues, we have setup a support page (https://www.flightsimulator.com/known-issues/) with up-to-the-minute updates on issue tracking/investigation, work-arounds, and solutions. Also, check out our new Twitter handle @MSFS_Support for server info and issue reports.

PARTNERSHIP SERIES – WELCOME BING!

SDK UPDATE

With the official release of Microsoft Flight Simulator also comes the first public Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK release. We have reached a good starting point for scenery and simple airplanes, but there is still a lot to come in the future. Since the last release in the Closed Beta, we have improved the documentation on several fronts; most notably aprons, taxiway signs, painted lines and lights. We added samples for the lights and for navigation data. The developer mode has seen many issues and crashes fixed, and now has the option to build an entire project at once, rather than requiring the developer to build package by package.

For complex aircraft, WebAssembly is still undergoing active development. We are working on some much-needed features and providing code to help port existing C++ aircraft. In addition to this, we are also actively working on mapping out the functionality of the SimConnect API. We look forward to your continued feedback, which has proven to be invaluable so far!

AROUND THE WORLD TOUR – EPISODE #1  OCEANIA

Around the World is a 6 episode series that takes you across Oceania, Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean through the lens of Microsoft Flight Simulator. In episode 2, explore the diverse region of Asia– spanning the eastern and western hemispheres, including Australasia, Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia.

In case you missed it, we’ve recently released episode #1 in our Around the World Tour series.

Community-Banner-GIF.gif

MORE AMAZING SCREENSHOTS FROM THE COMMUNITY

Image3.jpg1250410_screenshots_20200820201939_1-scamfs_22_1.jpgDesktop-Screenshot-2020.08.18-02.04.36.2mfs_14.jpgmfs_12.jpgmfs_16_1.jpgMSFS-SR2-Walensee-scaled.jpgMicrosoft-Flight-Simulator-20_08_2020-02Screenshot-1579.jpgmfs_19_1.jpgnfs_reddit_1.jpgMicrosoft-Flight-Simulator-18_08_2020-05

NEXT UPDATE – 08.27

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 18
  • Upvote 1

They need to bring the street map into the sim. I think we've asked for this in testing hundreds of times and hope it's coming. The top issue tracker is pretty much stacked with initial installation issues, not a shocker. 

• Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Glad they are onto it

• Like 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

that around the world video is some must see Tee Vee right there!

• Like 4

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I thought on the Bing partnership we would hear a bit more on their plans to bring further photogrammetry cities and updates, not just that there excited for the future.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

There was no mention in the known issues about the Simconnect problem, nor the CPU utilization problem causing stuttering for many users regardless of settings or mega-high-end hardware. I got the impression from the terse update that the Asobo team is quite frustrated and baffled by a lot of this feedback, especially from very perplexed alpha/beta testers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 minutes ago, David Mills said:

There was no mention in the known issues about the Simconnect problem, nor the CPU utilization problem causing stuttering for many users regardless of settings or mega-high-end hardware. I got the impression from the terse update that the Asobo team is quite frustrated and baffled by a lot of this feedback, especially from very perplexed alpha/beta testers.

I use Onair via simconnect and have zero stutters. Seems to be the app and not FS causing the problems

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

2 minutes ago, David Mills said:

If they are frustrated and baffeled, then we end users will not fair well. The facts are what the facts are and they need to get to fixing the many many issues which they didn't bother too in the alpha or beta. 

• Like 5

Eric 

10 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I don’t get that impression at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I know the testers can't speak to this but was the installation routine significantly changed between alpha / beta testing and release? I have to imagine so as many of the testers on here are just as tweak savvy as us non-testers, so the Windows X-box prerequisite items and download manager issues must have come up... 

2 minutes ago, DylanM said:

I know the testers can't speak to this but was the installation routine significantly changed between alpha / beta testing and release? I have to imagine so as many of the testers on here are just as tweak savvy as us non-testers, so the Windows X-box prerequisite items and download manager issues must have come up... 

According to a few testers, the installation issues existed in the Alpha/Beta builds and were reported several times. Some of them never managed to install the simulator.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

that around the world video is some must see Tee Vee right there!

And to think, it looks the same when you launch the game on your system.  Phenomenal!  Yeah, it has it's issues, but come on, you have to give them credit.

• Like 3

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Thanks for the updates... 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

53 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

According to a few testers, the installation issues existed in the Alpha/Beta builds and were reported several times. Some of them never managed to install the simulator.

The reason for the installer is quite obvious. In order for it to be distributed via the MS store which encrypts everything, but still allow the freedom enjoyed with plugins in previous versions, they had to split up the executable from the content. By trying to satisfy flight simmers, they had to spend time working on a very complex problem (yes Steam and many others have solved it, but they probably have large dedicated teams for this). This was all time not working on the actual sim itself, and it of course led to tons of issues. 

Edited by goreckm
  • Like 2

They are now working hard to fix bugs that were reported “recently”? 

What about all the bugs testers reported months ago?

Oh man...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3