Sign in to follow this  
Micah Peterson

It may not be perfect, but just look at this.

I just did one short flight out of Victoria BC, Canada knowing full well there would be clouds to blow thru and in.  OMG, I don't know what the heck it was but it looked absolutely weird and unreal.  It looked like extruded styrofoam puffs, tinted gray and all edges looked the same--fuzzy.  I hope I'm seeing something related to a GPU driver issue I have no idea but geez, it was awful!  Sorry, I didn't do a screen capture but will next time.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I live in Victoria and if it makes you fell any better, the rain clouds did look like grey extruded puffs on this dreary summer day...😅

I'd get out of there quick Dylan you don't want to inhale any of those styrofoam vapors!  

Seriously, it was the most unrealistic cloud scene I've ever seen in an flight sim, which of course I was not expecting.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'd get out of there quick Dylan you don't want to inhale any of those styrofoam vapors!  

Seriously, it was the most unrealistic cloud scene I've ever seen in an flight sim, which of course I was not expecting.

Absolutely what he said!  I extrude and expand polymers and polystyrene is expanded with butane vs. CO2 or plain compressed air with polyethylene and polypropylene.  You want to get out of the area with that much butane off-gassing out of the Styrofoam clouds, LMAO!

The biggest improvement in graphics compared to vanilla orthoimagery is the enhanced detail texture layered over the ortho. They did an amazing job at making the grass look better both at high and low elevation and high/low resolution, they in effect improved the low resolution of the ortho by their detail texturing, which is the most sophisticated detail texture I've ever seen in a game, considering how low res the base textures were.

For instance, I was flying over Idaho and the ground looked almost as good as 30cm ortho, even though it was more like 80cm or worse actual base ortho (after their compression), yet the texture detail map over the ortho was just superb.

That is one reason why some of the ortho looks so good even though its low res. This does not really apply as much over most of the mountains though, it mostly only worked in the valleys or flatter areas. So still a lot of room for improvement in the fidelity of the mountains, especially in some areas.

Edited by SceneryFX

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram