Sign in to follow this  
Guest PilotMoz

Dear Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

>Sitting on the>phone to re-activate it, while not fun, is not such a big deal>to me anyways.>I prefer this to having to keep the cd in the tray. You prefer sitting on the phone for possibly hours, and most likely more than once, rather than putting in the CD and being up and running within minutes??? Are you serious?

Guest Ozzie

>>I was thinking of buying FSX but this issue of not actually>>owning it outright after you've bought it I find troubling>and>>somewhat grotesque. To imagine you pay for something, but>>your hard drive can dictate whether you can use it or not is>>Seems to me you do not purchase ownership of the software, but>rather you perchase the right to use the software.>>>>Puleeze, it's just a>>game. >>Maybe to you, but to MS it is more than just a game. It is an>asset used to generate profits. >>>We spend

Guest Ozzie

>You are all beta testers who paid for the privilege :)Not ALL of us are THAT sillyI was - last time - lets see now - about $Au140 for FS9 + $Au3800 for a machine to run it to some satisfactionHmmmmm!! - not this time - too many unanswered questions as to my PRIVACY and other issues about required products that do NOT yet existI always try not to get caught twice by the same trap

Guest Charlie

>>Sitting on the>>phone to re-activate it, while not fun, is not such a big>deal>>to me anyways.>>I prefer this to having to keep the cd in the tray. >>You prefer sitting on the phone for possibly hours, and most>likely more than once, rather than putting in the CD and being>up and running within minutes??? Are you serious?>My question exactly. Evidently they (many others have expressed this bizarre view) ARE serious, but what form of delirium they suffer from causing this thought pattern is beyond explanation. They don

Guest Ozzie

>Ok this is what you must do:>1. Buy a new copy of FSX>2. Buy a new PC>3. Buy a new house>3. Get another wife>4. Move to another city>5. Get a new job.>6. Change your religion>>I am sure if you do all of the above FSX will run like a>dream!!!>>Stelios>Sorry Stelios - you forgot one DOWNLOAD the crack after you have purchased your copyWhat a pity that I cant download a crack to get a new house

Hi lemonadedrinker,I would like to nominate you for the most "Spot On" post in this entire thread so far. You really made some good points and the added humor is great. I'm still chuckling...Poor Billy.This whole FSX experience has been great for me. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Its caused me to seriously rethink my purchasing habits (especially which operating systems and computer software products I may or may not be purchasing in the future). I'm also wondering if we might be witnessing the beginning stages of a subtle shift in the ongoing saga of Open Source vs other options. I've recently read reports of companies that have already decided against Vista because of its perceived problematic nature and entire counties that are now converting to Linux based systems for just about everything.I've also just recently started asking myself what spy ware is or isn't. Can spy ware take the form of an invasive program element cloaked with a Halloween mask to disguise its true identity? I really don't know, but because of all the hassles I'm experiencing as an honest consumer I'm starting to wonder what my options are.Since I can't get my Flight Sim to work properly I've had allot more time to expand my horizons. flykingVirtual AviatorSystem Specs:XP PRO SP2AMD Athlon 64 2413MHzNVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT, 256MBMemory: 2048MBSB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

>>What a pity that I cant download a crack to get a new house>But then it would be a CRACK HOUSEYou want that?allen

Guest Ray CYYZ

Where it gets really funny is that legitimate purchasers who download and use a crack are in violation of the agreement for the software therefore are no longer legitimate purchasers. ;)If companies are stupid enough to think that protection in any way, shape or form makes people less likely to pirate, they really need to hire a new company to do their market research.Quality Products makes for repeat customers. Customer loyalty is the ONLY cure for piracy.

Guest smarti05

>Ok this is what you must do:>1. Buy a new copy of FSX>2. Buy a new PC>3. Buy a new house>3. Get another wife>4. Move to another city>5. Get a new job.>6. Change your religion>>I am sure if you do all of the above FSX will run like a>dream!!!>>Stelios>Sorry you're wrong it still wont, at least though you'll be to busy to give xxxx about fsx

Guest ebowers

Does the crack really solve all the activation problems, and can you install on another machine?

Guest FxF3

Ok after going over your post. How is this microsofts problem. 1. You overclocked your cpu. Granted 90% of us do. But how is that Microsofts problem? 2. You had to make a phone call So I have had to do that with windows XP the sky did not fall down. Just kidding. But you get my drift.:) 3. Use Microsofts 45 day replacment refund if your unhappy I would. 4. Hate the thiefs that cause the software companys to have to come up with this anti-theft schemes to stop this not the companys that make the products.Yes we know the innocent always suffer because of the guilty, but what else can be done to stop it?

Just a couple of observations on your post:1. Why should the overclocking cause an immediate registration problem? Who's problem is that?2. Phone calls needing to be made this soon after a programs release does seem a little strange, doesn't it? By the way, XP worked right out of the box for me and I haven't had to make any phone calls yet after years of use.3. The gentlemen was expressing many of the same concerns and problems that many others have had as well. Your 45 day refund comment seems a little abrupt.4. It should be pretty obvious by now that this stupid ill conceived and problematic anti piracy scheme is doing nothing to prevent piracy. Go ahead and give MS total control of your PC if you want to but don't be surprised if other people don't immediately acquiesce to every invasive technique that MS dreams up. I personally don't appreciate Microsoft's seeming total disregard and seeming total lack of appreciation for their honest and paying customer base. There are probably a myriad of other potential ways of stopping anti piracy. Many of the other programs I own and use utilize protection measures that haven't caused me any problems at all. flykingVirtual AviatorSystem Specs:XP PRO SP2AMD Athlon 64 2413MHzNVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT, 256MBMemory: 2048MBSB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

Guest FxF3

You missed my point,what part of don't buy FSX or any Microsoft product if you don't want it or like it did you not get.:-) I gave him the answer in my post that would fix his problem. I had no problems with FSX as have many others so I'm happy and have no need to return my copy.Sometimes the answer is just to simple.:-wave No need to go on about it.That's my answer to his problems others my have thier on views about how to help him.

Enough said. Thanks for all your help.Cheers,flykingVirtual AviatorSystem Specs:XP PRO SP2AMD Athlon 64 2413MHzNVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT, 256MBMemory: 2048MBSB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

My point exactly, anyone who has ever owned a Mercedes will know that it is a well made car, yes there are many copycats or cars that claim to be the same or better than a Mercedes, but Mercedes has its loyal costumers and will continue to buy there brand of car, period. Most of us are the same with MS and FS, I have seen the others but to me and possibly millions of others, MSFS has always been the all-around best consumer flight simulator on the market. But by penalizing the loyal costumers because;1. They decided they wanted to attract the none simulator community (GREED)2. The first person shooter type gamers are more prone to piracy?I mean come on, what where they thinking? The hard core PS2, XBOX, Nintendo and first person shooters out there are an entirely different age group, mentality and look for things that they can blow up or go at outrageously fast speeds and are truly Frame Per Second Freaks (60