Sign in to follow this  
ajaybala

This is a sightseeing sim!

Every time I fly, i discover something new. Now i find myself exploring the Indian countryside which as been depicted with great accuracy. I could never do this before even with global and vector installed in p3d. xplane does not model India properly at all. Even small generic airports are so lifelike. The buildings look India specific and for the first time i could make a distinction between New Delhi and Old Delhi. The vegetation also seems to be region specific. No, i cannot find my house as it is not modeled  to that degree, but it is so close! I dont mind the default GA aircraft. They are beautiful to look at and fly well(non pilot here). Weather effects are lovely and immersive. This is the start and things will only improve from here on. I dont feel like going back to P3D/xplane at this point. I am just waiting for great 3rd party devs such as a2a to bring out realistic planes to compound the enjoyment. I dont see myself buying any add-on scenery as in my opinion, they are simply not required.

Happy flying. Take care. 

• Like 23

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

Indeed. I have been glued to my screen. Never before in a sim can I fly across a state, using roads and landmarks to navigate, and be looking out at what it really looks like in real life. There is lots to fix in the sim, but it is good so far!

• Like 8

It will go down well with the XBOX Gamers a win for MS.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

This is a sightseeing sim! - Yes, but unfortunately it's supposed to be a flight sim, and that it's not quite so good at doing at the moment.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

"An Ode To Greyness ...  author unknown"   c2020

Grey. It's all very "grey". Not 50 shades either; just grey.

The generic towns and cities are all grey. Concrete in fact.

The roofs are grey too

I've never been to "Grey Town". It must be dull.

I visited a small Alaskan town normally made from colorful wooden houses. All single storey, with roofs painted every color imaginable.

In the center of town, there's  now a multi-storey car park... yes I know, in a town of 700 residents that fish and eat stink flipper !

But all the houses are so very grey.

I know generic algorithms will never be great, but...

Unfortunately the "generic city" algorithm... is simply ... TOO GREY.

Sorry to offend. I know Venice looks nice and correct... but I'm not interested in going to Venice. (I don't  speak a word of Spanish)

I want the world to be generically populated with "some randomness", and a LOT of variety. House roofs are either dark grey slate or red; and many are wooden and multi colored... but not concrete.

I have already decided that for now, this is currently, merely a 'Scenery Simulator'.... but I'm officially  calling it "MS Concrete Jungle simulator" .... with optional (massive) identical rainforests running through and around them.

.... which of course, are all green: the same shade of green surprisingly.

To be fair, I haven't  been to Africa yet, (I don't speak a word of Australian !) but I'm guessing the trees will all be "brown"... the same shade of brown, no doubt.

"Welcome to the Jungle !"🙈

It may be all be Grey and Green, but hey, the water's nice though ! ... 🤣🤣🤣

(P.S. Don't get me started on the skies all looking the same... all the same "blue", and the sunsets all the same "orange"... but I'll keep that for another day)

Edited by GBee777
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, GBee777 said:

Sorry to offend. I know Venice looks nice and correct... but I'm not interested in going to Venice. (I don't  speak a word of Spanish)

It wouldn’t get you very far even if you did. They speak Italian there. Unless of course you’re referring to Venice beach, CA, In which case it’s mainly stoned English..... 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, GBee777 said:

(P.S. Don't get me started on the skies all looking the same... all the same "blue", and the sunsets all the same "orange"... but I'll keep that for another day)

Are you from Mars?

• Like 8

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

35 minutes ago, GBee777 said:

I know Venice looks nice and correct... but I'm not interested in going to Venice. (I don't  speak a word of Spanish)

Ahem... Venice is not in an Spanish speaking country...

But not all default cities are gray.

Ferrara and Mantova are 2 standard cities south of Venezia. Standard both as MSFS type as well as representing a generic "type" of medium cities in our country.

As the OP states "i could make a distinction between New Delhi and Old Delhi": in italy, for the first time ever in a sim (never covered by orbx) the "autogen" correctly depicts the differences between the old medieval centre, the post 2nd ww downtowns, the current era developments and the industrial areas.

I get that some countries / regions might still lack the proper asset range and the ai algorithms the relevant training (and maybe good enough sat imagery) but the technology itself is IMO nothing short of awesome to be available on an entertainment opera.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

53 minutes ago, GBee777 said:

Don't worry about anyone who didn't get it. I did. It wasn't exactly 'rocket surgery'. 🙂

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

58 minutes ago, GBee777 said:

In the center of town, there's  now a multi-storey car park... yes I know, in a town of 700 residents that fish and eat stink flipper

I think you might like this

Yu1db88.jpg

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I think you might like this

Is there an in-game editing tool to get rid of these horrors ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Delete please error

41 minutes ago, Chock said:

Don't worry about anyone who didn't get it. I did. It wasn't exactly 'rocket surgery'. 🙂

How come, because it's vaguely related to Catalan? That would make it more vulgar latin, it doesn't derive from Spanish.... 😉 

1 hour ago, GBee777 said:

"An Ode To Greyness ...  author unknown"   c2020

Grey. It's all very "grey". Not 50 shades either; just grey.

The generic towns and cities are all grey. Concrete in fact.

The roofs are grey too

I've never been to "Grey Town". It must be dull.

I visited a small Alaskan town normally made from colorful wooden houses. All single storey, with roofs painted every color imaginable.

In the center of town, there's  now a multi-storey car park... yes I know, in a town of 700 residents that fish and eat stink flipper !

But all the houses are so very grey.

I know generic algorithms will never be great, but...

Unfortunately the "generic city" algorithm... is simply ... TOO GREY.

I want the world to be generically populated with "some randomness", and a LOT of variety. House roofs are either dark grey slate or red; and many are wooden and multi colored... but not concrete.

I have already decided that for now, this is currently, merely a 'Scenery Simulator'.... but I'm officially  calling it "MS Concrete Jungle simulator" .... with optional (massive) identical rainforests running through and around them.

.... which of course, are all green: the same shade of green surprisingly.

To be fair, I haven't  been to Africa yet, (I don't speak a word of Australian !) but I'm guessing the trees will all be "brown"... the same shade of brown, no doubt.

"Welcome to the Jungle !"🙈

It may be all be Grey and Green, but hey, the water's nice though ! ... 🤣🤣🤣

You've obviously never spent much time in P3D or X-Plane, yeah it's funny about the blue skies, everytime I look out of my window I see the same old blue or Orange or Red (depending on the time of day) reality can be a B***H!

Edited by SierraHotel
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, Chock said:

This is a sightseeing sim! - Yes, but unfortunately it's supposed to be a flight sim, and that it's not quite so good at doing at the moment.

Sure, but that's how the Microsoft Flight Simulator series started off.