Sign in to follow this  

17 minutes ago, Julia said:

FS-Flight Control works also.

I used FS FlightControl for a year, then my license expired, and I'd have to buy it again to use it for another year.  I found Little Navmap instead.  FS FlightControl is a little pricey to be doing that.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Lhookins, you're right. I have a 3 years licence for FS-Flight Control (stays 2) but I will not update it after, I don't really like paying the same software several times.
And yes, Little Nav Map do well the job.

• Like 1

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

20 hours ago, FPStewy said:

totally agree with this.

Also FtPlan Go Android works very well, just load the FtPlan Go GPS in admin mode first.

I cannot get the FltPlan Go GPS running on my machine.   I tried running as an admin, but nothing happens and it's not in my task list.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:36 AM, LHookins said:

I used FS FlightControl for a year, then my license expired, and I'd have to buy it again to use it for another year.  I found Little Navmap instead.  FS FlightControl is a little pricey to be doing that.

Hook

The license just ends updates. You can keep using the version you were on when the subscription ran out. I really like FS-flightcontrol and used it quite often with FSX and FSW. I don't know if I'll resub or jump ship to Little Navmap. Anyone know the differences?

Edited by Phantoms

James

I'm looking forward to Little Nav Map being updated fully for this sim. It is a very classy app designed by an extremely talented guy who has an amazing eye for thoroughness and detail. I understand it works right now but is not fully integrated. It has the great advantage of opening without any fuss in a separate computer monitor on a network so it doesn't clutter up the sim window or switch focus from one to the other.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

On 8/24/2020 at 10:36 PM, LHookins said:

i also use FS-FlightControl & it works very well now with MFS & the newly patched SimConnect,

& was also shocked after my initial purchase required a 12 month $license extension - which i did not feel was properly explained from the beginning,

& a few times i was caught out by, what i thought, was overly aggressive copy protection, when i upgraded my Mobo/CPU on my one & only flight sim computer - made me feel like a software pirate & a massive PiTA,

Andreas was responsive & i seem to have solved the licensing issue by a complete uninstall & reinstall - quite a few months ago,

YMMV

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phantoms said:

The license just ends updates. You can keep using the version you were on when the subscription ran out. I really like FS-flightcontrol and used it quite often with FSX and FSW. I don't know if I'll resub or jump ship to Little Navmap. Anyone know the differences?

It works for a while, then eventually refuses to start.  Welcome to demo mode.

I'd suggest not resubscribing for now, wait and see what happens.

The differences?  Little Navmap is free.  Little Navmap has what I think are better map options.  Little Navmap looks better.  Little Navmap does NOT have an "always on top" start screen.  I don't think LNM has the options for initial placement of aircraft, the aircraft instruments, the damage, things like that, so if those are important to you then you might prefer FS-Flightcontrol.

Hook

• Upvote 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

FScommander works but you have to run the FSUIPC7 .exe file first   LIttle nav map should work too they say uing the remote connection but I haven't been able to get it to work , it did when I first installed 2020  running the LittleNavMapCOnnect exe as well get the ip and the port ok but says waiting for the simulator  which is running  

bd515,

Isn't LitteNavMapConnect for use with x-plane?  To get LMN working here (which it is with MSFS, but still being polished) I think I used FSconnect SP 2.

Check out the LNM forum on this site, probably better info over there.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Pilot2ATC works great

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

12 hours ago, w9nwrwi said:

bd515,

Isn't LitteNavMapConnect for use with x-plane?  To get LMN working here (which it is with MSFS, but still being polished) I think I used FSconnect SP 2.

Check out the LNM forum on this site, probably better info over there.

Hello, how did you build your msfs scenery database with FS commander? I have my license on an old laptop with xp, connecting with main computer sim (FSX) with widefs (network path) . Bought a new ssd dedicated to msfs and Win10,so now I have a dual system boot (7 and 10).Meanwhile I've borrowed my wife laptop (she doesn't know😁) already with win10, trying to figure out the best away to communicate with msfs through network. It seems that the more logical thing to do is wait for full support for LNM. Any suggestions? 

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

On 9/3/2020 at 4:37 PM, LHookins said:

It works for a while, then eventually refuses to start.  Welcome to demo mode.

I'd suggest not resubscribing for now, wait and see what happens.

The differences?  Little Navmap is free.  Little Navmap has what I think are better map options.  Little Navmap looks better.  Little Navmap does NOT have an "always on top" start screen.  I don't think LNM has the options for initial placement of aircraft, the aircraft instruments, the damage, things like that, so if those are important to you then you might prefer FS-Flightcontrol.

Hook

To add insult to injury if you go to renew your subscription with Flight Control it renews from the end of your previous subscription not the date you renew. I let mine lapse because I wasn't sure if I was going to renew or not when I went to renew for a year I was only going to get an eighth month extension, that was enough for me to look elsewhere. It's a good program I liked it but their pricing is high and the subscription base renewal program was a deal breaker. Especially when the author/creator claimed you could continue to use the last version you had since "you paid for it" but nope...Welcome to Demo Mode; lost my trust and my support as a customer with that decision.

Edited by Blaze
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

RE Thomason Jr.

I am using LNM

Flightsim connection: FSX/Prepar3D. Ticked off both text boxes. Update time interval: 50ms.

Working great for me! Stutter free!

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy