Sign in to follow this  
eslader

Is it me, or is cloud turbulence not really a thing here?

2 minutes ago, Slides said:

A good 25% of that list is the creation of certain minds who can't let go of the old ways of doing things.

well even so, that would leave 75% which isn't. Either way it's disconcerting for the short term (at the very least, possibly much longer).

2 minutes ago, hangar said:

well even so, that would leave 75% which isn't. Either way it's disconcerting for the short term (at the very least, possibly much longer).

I was being conservative with the 25% but yeah there are plenty of issues.

But it's not for nothing that their largest team is the autopilot team. If they didn't care about the planes, that wouldn't be true.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Is it just me or clouds in live weather do not move at all ? like there is no wind ? I am on the ground for 10 min looking at clouds at exact same place.

Roi Ben

11 minutes ago, Slides said:

If they didn't care about the planes, that wouldn't be true

I tend to agree, but I never meant to infer that the devs don't care. Much of the time it's the publisher who is responsible for long lists of issues within code which typically present themselves when a title is clearly released far too early in it's development. I would think MS is likely more to blame here, as they are the ones who need to answer to investors and create unrealistic deadlines.

I'm just hoping that this "10 year plan" for new and exciting possibilities doesn't actually become a 10 year plan of mainly fixes.

But now I'm rambling...heh

Edited by hangar

1 hour ago, kapitan said:

Asobo will soon be out of the scene, their role is done. They were hired to make the default models and and FDE, which they prepared in a fantastic way in the Cesna 152, the other planes are more like liveries, just to fill up the library

this whole paragraph seems like your guess/opinion vs fact.  I'm pretty sure the collaboration between asobo AND ms will be 10 years.  All of these issues can be ironed out. 

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

4 minutes ago, hangar said:

I tend to agree, but I never meant to infer that the devs don't care. Much of the time it's the publisher who is responsible for long lists of issues within code which typically present themselves when a title is clearly released far too early in it's development. I would think MS is likely more to blame here, as they are the ones who need to answer to investors and create unrealistic deadlines.

But now I'm rambling...heh

It's clear that decided to include too many aircraft at launch due to MS pressure.

They should have launched with a few aircraft with more complete systems on the 18th and then provided the rest as free updates as they developed them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Interesting, I find the turbulence effects drastically overdone. Would be nice if there was a slider to eliminate it or at least customize it. A visibility slider might be nice too.

1 hour ago, kapitan said:

This sim is not about planes, its about a live planet, as much as possible.

That is an interesting statement sense this game is called Microsoft 2020 Flight Simulator!!😵

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

18 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Is it just me or clouds in live weather do not move at all ? like there is no wind ? I am on the ground for 10 min looking at clouds at exact same place.

This had been mentioned quite a few times now that live weather is not fully working or when it works is at least one hour behind. Has nothing to do with the sim but more from the data source not feeding properly.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Just now, aamd80 said:

Interesting, I find the turbulence effects drastically overdone. Would be nice if there was a slider to eliminate it or at least customize it. A visibility slider might be nice too.

Someone at Asobo's office is cursing us in French

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

This had been mentioned quite a few times now that live weather is not fully working or when it works is at least one hour behind. Has nothing to do with the sim but more from the data source not feeding properly.

I havent heard it is behind, I've heard the oposite: It is predicted by 1-2 hours. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 hours ago, eslader said:

Is there a setting I'm missing, or is the weather engine lacking?

Not simulated.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Emerson67 said:

Not simulated.

Is there a source for that? We've heard a lot of speculation about the wx engine (lags behind by 1-2 hours, predicts the future by 1-2 hours, isn't on, doesn't simulate this or that, *does* simulate this or that, etc) so if you have a source that it's intentionally not simulated, that would be very interesting.

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

There is also a wind bug which will make non-surface winds read 3 knots

Aha. I was wondering what was going on during this morning's flight from KJAC to KDEN. The whole flight, the windspeed indicator on the panel was 3kts. Never wavered. I did think that odd.

If it's a bug, that's good because presumably it will get fixed.

• Like 1