Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

Popout G1000

I came across this in the Sim Innovations forums today and wondered if anyone had been able to confirm this. I'll be at my sim this afternoon and will try it myself, but wanted to post it now in case it's correct and of use to others.

"Hi if you want popouts in MSFS2020 you need to switch the battery on in your aircraft and when for example the left screen of the G1000 starts up you hold right ALT on your keyboard and hover over the screen. Then a magnifying glass will appear and if you click it the G100 screen will be undocked and you can drag it around to another screen and resize it to your AM Panel. I hope this helps."

Edited by basementflyguy
  • Like 5

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Any cockpit screen will indeed popup this way, alas without buttons and dials, so that it can be used for visual reference only.

• Like 1

trying to move those dials with the mouse scroller, wearing track IR in turbulence = impossible.  I wish there were a way to disable the  mouse zooming in and out when scrolling. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

trying to move those dials with the mouse scroller, wearing track IR in turbulence = impossible.  I wish there were a way to disable the  mouse zooming in and out when scrolling. 

you can...just go to your mouse settings and clear the zoom and unzoom on the mouse. You can still use the (-,=) keys to zoom. If you have buttons on the side of your mouse, you can map those to zoom as well. That way you dont have that annoying zoom issue when moving the dials. 

really wish they wouldve made those buttons and dials keyboard or button mapped. Couldve put my thrustmaster MFD cougars to good use.

• Like 4

Did not know this. Just one more thing to make me go Wow! 

• Like 1

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

1 hour ago, Marco Manieri said:

I wonder where did they find this information since there is no manual?

Trial and error by going through ALL the devices and seeing the assignments and clearing what is not desired 🙂

Joe

• Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

This is a much needed tip, thanks.  I have an 11" monitor behind my Cougar MFDs so now i will be able to put it to use.  I probably cant fit the G1000 behind the MFD because the open space is a perfect square, but will be valuable for the other squarish sized instruments. 

I'm going to try to run the G1000 on my iPad via DuetDisplay.  This would certainly be an awesome feature if I can get this working!

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

It works well, you can also resize the G1000 and the instruments into any screen ratio.  The G1000 is easily readable inside a Cougar MFD.  One drawback is the game does not save your anchored panels onto another monitor, you have to drag them over every time you start a new flight.  Hopefully something they can fix soon. 

Edited by Heli

I can confirm that it's working. You don't need to turn on and off the battery, just hover over the screens and hold the right ALT until you get the + symbol with the circle and click and it will open a pop up. This is great!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

image_162.jpg

I have been flying around with X-Plane popouts in Air Manager bezels in 11.5 inch touch screens. In one word: marvelous.

I am also trying to achieve a similar result with FS2020. The popout with “Right Alt - move mouse - click - drag” works fine for one instrument, e.g., the PFD. The popout for the MFD then stubbornly lands in the same window as the PFD. I have not yet found out how to separate these Siamese Twins.

Once this succeeds, both bezels can be adapted to exchange information with FS2020. This will merely be a transformation from XPUIPC to FSUIPC based instructions. A lot of work, but feasible. And, of course, we will have to wait for FSUIPC7 to work flawlessly with FS2020.

A G1000 PFD and MFD on touch screens, extended wth Russ Barlow’s “Knobster”, make flying so much more fun! 

Edited by Han Schouten
Added picture

On 10/6/2020 at 6:46 AM, Han Schouten said:

image_162.jpg

I have been flying around with X-Plane popouts in Air Manager bezels in 11.5 inch touch screens. In one word: marvelous.

I am also trying to achieve a similar result with FS2020. The popout with “Right Alt - move mouse - click - drag” works fine for one instrument, e.g., the PFD. The popout for the MFD then stubbornly lands in the same window as the PFD. I have not yet found out how to separate these Siamese Twins.

Once this succeeds, both bezels can be adapted to exchange information with FS2020. This will merely be a transformation from XPUIPC to FSUIPC based instructions. A lot of work, but feasible. And, of course, we will have to wait for FSUIPC7 to work flawlessly with FS2020.

A G1000 PFD and MFD on touch screens, extended wth Russ Barlow’s “Knobster”, make flying so much more fun! 

Hello Han!

I use XP/FS2020 and AM as well. There is no doubt in my mind, after using VR, Ultrawide, Track IR on single monitor, etc, that 3 wide monitors with AM/knobster touchscreen is the best config for simming. The G1000 has everything, AP, Audio, FMS, in a compact space on 1 touchscreen.  I currently use ASUS 21.5 touch but will be going 24" soon. I have even created a Phenom 300 autopilot GFC 700 (i think). FS2020 still has first year issues with G1000 popouts. They cause my machine to stutter too much and they have to be positioned each flight. Not using them right now. I just use the bezels on touch without popouts. Your system looks great. How did you stop the stutters in FS2020 with AM popouts?  Competition is good.

I built this mobile sim with Superstrut from HomeDepot. It is designed to fit thru bedroom doors etc. and go to AirShows on trailer.

The dual PFD/MFD will separate if you click on one of the icons in the upper tab bar.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Lfreely