Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Half Refresh rate wont work?

I already saw some people talking about this but its not working for me, no matter what it doesn't lock at 30fps's with the proper settings, works in any other game however... im i the only one?

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I cannot get past 60. I don't understand why MS would lock up the frame rate limit.

10 minutes ago, McPlane said:

I cannot get past 60. I don't understand why MS would lock up the frame rate limit.

For that you need to disable V-sync in game, but i want the opposite, to lock at 30 fp's with half refresh rate, because using the frame rate limiter is a stutter feast.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Use the nVidia 3d settings Max FPS  setting (or use afterburner / rivatuner) to set the FPS limit.  The built in limiter of MSFS is buggy.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

5 minutes ago, smoothchat said:

Use the nVidia 3d settings Max FPS  setting (or use afterburner / rivatuner) to set the FPS limit.  The built in limiter of MSFS is buggy.

yep the limiter is very buggy right now in the game. I turned off vysnc but it sure would help if it was on in the game menu. My GPU almost melts in the game menu running at full power pushing 300 FPS. 

24 minutes ago, smoothchat said:

I did, even the Nvidia Inspector frame rate limiter works well in MSFS, but limiting the frames at 30 FPS produces a different result than using the half refresh rate(although the final FPS value is the same), at least in my system, limiting the frames doenst give me a fluid result, but with 1/2 Vsync it does...as been like that in P3D, X-Plane, and now MSFS is going to be the same, if i can enable it, why im not surprised!

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

- Vsync OFF in game
- Half refresh rate in Nvidia CP
- Rivatuner FPS Limiter to 30

Works for me

13 minutes ago, DMojo said:

- Vsync OFF in game
- Half refresh rate in Nvidia CP
- Rivatuner FPS Limiter to 30

Works for me

That's an interesting combo of settings, i can try that. Thanks

Marques

43 minutes ago, holliwutt said:

How do I point to the MSFS with Riva Tuner?

You dont need to point Riva Tuner to any specific game or app, you just put the frame limiter on and the value you want.

Marques