Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Just About Ready to Give Up

It's very pretty, there's no denying that.  But in so many other way, the new MSFS is frustrating beyond words.  There's no documentation for the extremely complex systems.  I'm flying in another window using the 787, but I can't land.  Every time I try, the engines spool up and I'm going at ridiculous speeds.  The entire flight I had to manage the engines manually because the airspeed hold refused to turn on, so why it started working only now I don't know.  It says it's disengaged, apparently not.  The navigation radios refuse to give me any readings, no matter what I set. There's no map to see if they are correct, just working off memory from the old sims.

Some people seem to have no issues, others just want to scream.  Unfortunately, it seems I'm one of the latter.

• Upvote 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

18 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

It's very pretty, there's no denying that.  But in so many other way, the new MSFS is frustrating beyond words.  There's no documentation for the extremely complex systems.  I'm flying in another window using the 787, but I can't land.  Every time I try, the engines spool up and I'm going at ridiculous speeds.  The entire flight I had to manage the engines manually because the airspeed hold refused to turn on, so why it started working only now I don't know.  It says it's disengaged, apparently not.  The navigation radios refuse to give me any readings, no matter what I set. There's no map to see if they are correct, just working off memory from the old sims.

Some people seem to have no issues, others just want to scream.  Unfortunately, it seems I'm one of the latter.

With all due respect,you mentioned navigation radios....

Are you talking about flying approaches?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I have not been there for a while, but the MSFS community on Steam have some guides that may help you.

1 minute ago, ahsmatt7 said:

With all due respect,you mentioned navigation radios....

Are you talking about flying approaches?

Approaches, across country, anything.

Just now, andyjohnston.net said:

Approaches, across country, anything.

Do you use approach plates for your nav info when shooting approaches?

If you want to do ifr stuff or just check a bit freq. Invest in the navigraph app. Has all the approach plates and high and low enroute charts via jepps.

As real as it gets!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

If you are in the United States,  Airnav is a great resource, free online.  Put in the airport and it has all the ILS plates and airport diagrams, etc.

I do most of my flying VFR, but it shouldn't matter.  I shouldn't have to get a 3rd party app for items which should've been included.