Sign in to follow this  
Dialectic

Why aren’t Catholic Churches being modeled?

I did a flight from MPA (Mount Pleasant, Falklands) to Stanley airfield. Overflying Stanley, I must admit Christ Church Cathedral (was) Port Stanley. It's not there - sigh.

Took a look at Stanley Airfield. Last time I was there was in 82 (at the airfield) was when the Vulcans managed to put ONE (ONE)! Bomb on the runway. The ship, on which I was serving at the time, was sent ahead of the Blackbuck Op. We had to start transmitting on everything we had (Comms & Radar) to help the RAF out and distract the Argentine equivalent of our Gollies (EW guys).

Not long after, the Crabs proceeded to drop our mail right in the middle of a minefield - Cheers lads. The cannister is still there to this day. (But no, its not modelled in the Sim)!

Edited by Tinribs

There are two nice Catholic churches in downtown Pittsburgh, PA and Baton Rouge, LA just south of the State Capitol building.

Pittsburgh at dusk is stunning near Three Rivers stadium and downtown.

4 minutes ago, rexbo47 said:

Sad to see the USS Arizona Memorial, the USS Bowfin, and USS Missouri not modeled in Pearl Harbor.  Not churches, per se, but sacred ground to most Americans.

Oh, yeah? Then you have to see what Asobo did with the US Capital. AND!!! Since Asodo is a French Company, you can only assume that it's a hidden retaliation!!!   

• Like 1

On a serious note, folks, you'd need to take a break. Yes, there are limitations. Brugge and Ghent, for instance, are literally filled with the beautiful gothic cathedrals and I see none of them in the sim. Neither I assume that it's a result of some sort of negligence or even conspiracy.

Enjoy what you have. 

Edited by G-YMML1
  • Like 1

Hey everybody! The weekend is coming up and some of you are already bored with the greatest simulation of anything ever released. Just to liven things up a little, let's create controversy where none exists. Okay?

Oh wait. I see some of you are way ahead of me.

As for me, I'd be happy if Asobo removed every religious building on Earth. Even happier if they did it for real. Takes all kinds, doesn't it? And isn't this always what happens when someone brings religion into it? (I remember back in the pre-politically-correct days when you could be harshly penalized or even tortured and executed for revealing such thoughts. I'm so glad the thought police have been neutered.)

Edited by SeanMo
  • Like 1

Hey Dialectic, 

Go check out St Peter's Square in Rome. That is one of the first places I went to and it's there, and looking great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jas891 said:

Hey Dialectic, 

Go check out St Peter's Square in Rome. That is one of the first places I went to and it's there, and looking great.

I did and it was sweet. Thanks 👍

8 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

On a serious note, folks, you'd need to take a break. Yes, there are limitations. Brugge and Ghent, for instance, are literally filled with the beautiful gothic cathedrals and I see none of them in the sim. Neither I assume that it's a result of some sort of negligence or even conspiracy.

Enjoy what you have. 

Well, I am enjoying it. A lot. I’m stoked to visit as many places as I can and see what’s what. It was awesome orbiting segovia, Spain and have my wife talk me through her days there. 

If eventually they get all the missing architecture then this game will be a sort of library of Alexandria. It’s already mesmerizing.

• Upvote 1

Clearly there is work left to be done.  In my closest city (Buffalo, NY) the skyline is unrecognizable in the sim; the tallest building (an ugly, easily modeled 40 story/529 ft/161 m concrete box) is modeled as a 1 story office building!  Parts of a high-level bridge south of downtown are modeled as an apartment row for some reason - as are several toll booths (which are about to meet the wrecking ball IRL anyway).  And I'm sure there are many, many more examples.

So if it can't get something like that correct, I'm not surprised that it can't get something as complex and intricate as a church can be.  Which is fine by me - as long as we see continual improvement and refinement.

Edited by Sabretooth78
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Sargeant | Worldwide Virtual WW2464

Spoiler

Sim PC Specs: i7-11700F @ 2.5 Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB | 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM | Windows 11 Pro | P3D v5.3 hf2 | MSFS | TrackIR 5

34 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Regarding France : FranceVFR has stated to release POIs packages for France regions like Paris to improve them.

Wait, for MSFS already? That's exciting.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 hours ago, Dialectic said:

I went sight-seeing to visit the beautiful churches of my faith, but I’m a little disappointed. The cathedral-esque church in my hometown turned out to just be cruciform shaped grass next to the rectory. I just assumed since my area is a small rural town that the ai messed up. My wife and I then checked out segovia. The beautiful cathedral there is also just cruciform shaped grass. So now I’m wondering if the ai just doesn’t have a cruciform shaped asset to fill those 2d images. But then I went to Paris and I’m pretty certain that Norte dame was just grass as well, and I’m not certain but I don’t think it’s cruciform shaped so it should have been populated. Plus Paris received hands-on attention. Why did they skip notre dame? Perhaps I had the wrong location? I saw that there was a beautiful model of Sacre Coeur on the hill, and the Vatican is modeled in Rome, so it’s not like they are avoiding having churches in the sim. I’m just confused here. What gives.

I will try to remember where it was, but somewhere in the last month (I mean couple days) I found myself over some random town or city with a bunch of churches modeled...I'll try to figure it out, but they do exist somewhere...I don't think I dreamed it...

• Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

In Open Street Maps there is info about buildings stored for certain buidings. It would enhance the result a lot if the AI would consider such information.

Churches are one of those infos for example.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

40 minutes ago, SeanMo said:

Hey everybody! The weekend is coming up and some of you are already bored with the greatest simulation of anything ever released. Just to liven things up a little, let's create controversy where none exists. Okay?

Oh wait. I see some of you are way ahead of me.

As for me, I'd be happy if Asobo removed every religious building on Earth. Even happier if they did it for real. Takes all kinds, doesn't it? And isn't this always what happens when someone brings religion into it? (I remember back in the pre-politically-correct days when you could be harshly penalized or even tortured and executed for revealing such thoughts. I'm so glad the thought police have been neutered.)

Do you think anyone in Kiribati purchased and is flying MFS?  I kind of think no.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

3 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

the AI doesn't know how to draw churches. It needs more training. It has nothing to do with your faith.

Ai not religious lol

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K