Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Flightbeam's KDEN?

41 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Of course there are differences. If there were none, then it wouldn't be an "addon". It seems to be though, that unless you're a KDEN freak, the MSFS default version holds up very nicely in comparison. Furthermore, I spend my time in the cockpit

not walking around counting the rivets anbd screws on the baggage carts. 

The point remains: the default airports in MSFS 2020 - even the ones that didn't get special attention - are a massive jump forward and are nipping at the heels of addon developers, who really have to step up their game. 

Yes there is always going to be room for improvement but in what way should Flightbeam step up their game, if they know in what way, then it can problably help. 

On 8/21/2020 at 4:06 PM, airopsfletch said:

Buy it...you won’t regret it. 

https://youtu.be/nzO-MlIgSjY

I lived in Colorado long ago for 4 years, that video bought back the memories. I had moved there from California for a girl and recall my first sight of KDEN from the windows of a ...wait for it...a United DC10. 

• Like 1

Pricing is one issue. I own all FB’s airports in P3D. But I would not pay that much in MSFS. Especially when installing any of these would hurt performance, as it appears to be the case.

$5 per airport or $25 for pack of 5 is what I would consider. If at all.

12 minutes ago, dukeav said:

Pricing is one issue. I own all FB’s airports in P3D. But I would not pay that much in MSFS. Especially when installing any of these would hurt performance, as it appears to be the case.

It doesn’t impact performance for me. To each his own. Enjoy the default airports I guess. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, shadow133 said:

Just installed KDEN, I did not have Asobos’ premium airport. I had a significant performance hit, going from an average 55fps (45 min even on NY) to 22fps max. I tried reducing rendering from 100 to 90 and the fps dropped even further (11fps). Disabling weather (clear skies) did nothing and the game crashed/closed as soon as I zoomed in the terminal area (I was at twy p7 off rwy 35R).

So far KDEN is unplayable for me and this is the first time I had the game crash or such low performance.

mmm that’s a real shame. No doubt you’ll try a reinstall or get some FB help, since this scenery is frig’n amazing. Just taxiing out and noticed sunlight from the setting sun shining from off of the carpark vehicles windscreens. The candy in this new sim is sooo good.

I have a 2080ti I just installed KDEN after purchasing an hour ago and my performance was unchanged from the default handcrafted airport. Not sure the FPS but SIM very smooth. 

Hope you get it sorted.

27 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

mmm that’s a real shame. No doubt you’ll try a reinstall or get some FB help, since this scenery is frig’n amazing. Just taxiing out and noticed sunlight from the setting sun shining from off of the carpark vehicles windscreens. The candy in this new sim is sooo good.

I have a 2080ti I just installed KDEN after purchasing an hour ago and my performance was unchanged from the default handcrafted airport. Not sure the FPS but SIM very smooth. 

Hope you get it sorted.

Yeah, I hope so too it looks great and its where I work. Using a 1080ti and 3700 cpu with 32gb, never had any performance issues like this even in LA or NYC. Weird is that its not using more than 50%cpu/ram and 70-80% gpu. Something is clearly wrong and I hope it’s just a random bug/stutter issue that goes away but if it takes a 2 day reinstall or a $1400 gpu to run, then it won’t work for me. Will do some more testing later but submitted a ticket to FB support. 

Edited by shadow133

47 minutes ago, dukeav said:

If you time it right you can have a good deal. Previous owners are entitled to a 30% discount of the $15 Denver airport. Which makes it $10.5

*IF* their sales can stack on top of the discount then you can have problably Denver $7.

If that isn’t the case, they still have a points system which can knock off a few dollars if not quite a few.

In P3D the default airports looked terrible, so it made sense to spend $30 on an addon airport. 

This isn't the case anymore with MSFS 2020. Therefore, rather than spending time reinventing the wheel, developers should consider selling "upgrade packs" that add missing detail/functionality, priced accordingly, depending on the level of detail/functionality added. 

Something like REX airports HD on steroids. 

11 hours ago, shadow133 said:

Just installed KDEN, I did not have Asobos’ premium airport. I had a significant performance hit, going from an average 55fps (45 min even on NY) to 22fps max. I tried reducing rendering from 100 to 90 and the fps dropped even further (11fps). Disabling weather (clear skies) did nothing and the game crashed/closed as soon as I zoomed in the terminal area (I was at twy p7 off rwy 35R).

So far KDEN is unplayable for me and this is the first time I had the game crash or such low performance.

Hi there, sorry to hear about your performance issue. It's definitely an isolated issue however, since so far the only thing we've heard from customers is equal or better performance than the default KDEN, and we show similar experience on test machines.
Some things to try: remove Flightbeam KDEN and evaluate performance. Then reinstall it and re-evaluate performance to determine what is causing the drop. If you still have issues, be sure to contact our support, we respond to every email. 🙂

9 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

In P3D the default airports looked terrible, so it made sense to spend $30 on an addon airport. 

This isn't the case anymore with MSFS 2020. Therefore, rather than spending time reinventing the wheel, developers should consider selling "upgrade packs" that add missing detail/functionality, priced accordingly, depending on the level of detail/functionality added. 

Addon airports are certainly not for everyone. I'm glad you have found a sim where you don't need them anymore.
But just so you know, I'll be continuing to make airports and raising the bar like I've been doing for the past 10 year, not making "upgrade packs". Sales suggest that folks enjoy these products for MSFS as well, even more so than P3D, especially when crafted carefully to fit the specs of the sim, and not just a port. Thanks for the suggestion though!

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I wouldn't say so for default airports. Look at default EGLL for example 

Marco D'Agostino

I'm still stuck on just thinking about it.

I have the sims premium edition, and the airport looks pretty much payware for me already, especially as I am not intimately familiar with it.

At $14.99 however, its kind of tempting, but I remain on the fence, as they seem to look so close to one another.

Is there something that shows the differences more comprehensively in detail?

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Most of the payware airports seem to be for the tube liners so far, but those simmers seem to be waiting for a PMDG before investing. I would have imagined the smaller / rural airports for the bush / GA flyers would be a better bet atm?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea