Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - MOSCOW LANDMARKS MSFS

DRZEWIECKI DESIGN added Moscow's main airfields to the package. The scenes are lightweight, but it's great

• Like 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

I find it very interesting that he modelled the whole city center as it looks like (Screenshot in simmarket). 

The autogen seem to have its own range of color and the custom builds are more "real".

Maybe the solution is to model the whole city and not just a few buildings :)

• Like 1

I've recorded a video. I am waiting for YT to process.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, Hoppala29 said:

I find it very interesting that he modelled the whole city center as it looks like (Screenshot in simmarket). 

The autogen seem to have its own range of color and the custom builds are more "real".

Maybe the solution is to model the whole city and not just a few buildings 🙂

Or let Bing Maps/Asobo know that their colors are off citing actual photographs so that it can be permanently fixed.

a quick look at the landmarks

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Wow! It seems you can add a thousand landmarks and 7 airports without tanking the performance. See, Orbx?!😉

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ShawnG said:

after the hell that my p3d addon library turned into, I'm trying to purposely limit the number of manual installations needed.

Good point. I experienced significant issues with P3D with all the add-ons. The more I added, the worse it got. Too early to start adding stuff. Looks like people can hardly handle all the issues they’re having with MSFS. Waiting would be a prudent decision.

Next we need Las Vegas landmarks

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 hours ago, SeanMo said:

If Moscow is properly done, I'll buy it. Note that DD released three free Warsaw, Poland-area airfields earlier in the week. Notable differences in the ways Orbx and DD introduced themselves to all the new simmers in the marketplace.

I did a video of the free Warsaw airport pack just for fun...in case anyone wants to see those grass strips in action and the city.

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Looks like the landmarks are overall pretty okay.

The bridges are a bit bright and therefore the street color isn't matching, but I guess this can be fixed. 

And the buildings seem to be a bit low res.

By the way I don't understand why everybody is already so complaining about "Oh addons = much lower fps". This is a brand new game, no one has any experience how these addons will impact the performance. 

Ah, and they fixed some of the elevation issues in the city as well, Red Square is no longer on a hill. I could probably properly land a Cessna there now.

Hey.

The mesh has been edited around many areas of the city - there were lots of weird bumps.

The FPS impact does not seem to be significant. There are no exact reports yet but it feels pretty much the same with the add-on as without it.

Regarding the resolution - sure, it can be higher, however, if you are not at Ultra, you might consider switching at least the texture resolution to max, otherwise:

Quality Albedo Others
ultra 1x 1x
high 1x 0.5x
med 0.5x 0.5x
low 0.5x 0.25x

So, just FYI - having it at High will decrease Normal and PBR maps by half.

Edited by DrzewieckiDesign
  • Like 2