Sign in to follow this  
Baffman

Is the save/load system working correctly for you?

I tried to load a Tokyo/Osaka flight I interrupted the other day, only to find that the GPS route was missing and the weather setting in the toolbar completely disabled (the toggle was grayed out). I then tried to load the save a second time and the game crashed to desktop...

Literally tried it for the first time today, I saved and closed off flight sim, thinking I was gonna install FSUIPC7.  Then realised FSUIPC7 no longer needs to be installed, started everything back up, loaded the flight and experienced three big problems:

1. The FPS just went and pooped itself, don't know if it is FSUIPC or the load that caused that though.  Ended up abandoning the flight as it was so bad.

2. Not everything loaded back properly, I had a route planned to Birmingham airport in my Cessana 172 and it just disappeared.  There was no pink line anymore.

3. The weather toolbar just disappeared and when I tried to enable it again, it wouldn't let me, I was annoyed because the clouds around me had disappeared and the barometric pressure had changed to 2992, it seems I couldn't carry on using the weather that was there at the time or carry on using live weather right now.

30 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

Literally tried it for the first time today, I saved and closed off flight sim, thinking I was gonna install FSUIPC7.  Then realised FSUIPC7 no longer needs to be installed, started everything back up, loaded the flight and experienced three big problems:

1. The FPS just went and pooped itself, don't know if it is FSUIPC or the load that caused that though.  Ended up abandoning the flight as it was so bad.

2. Not everything loaded back properly, I had a route planned to Birmingham airport in my Cessana 172 and it just disappeared.  There was no pink line anymore.

3. The weather toolbar just disappeared and when I tried to enable it again, it wouldn't let me, I was annoyed because the clouds around me had disappeared and the barometric pressure had changed to 2992, it seems I couldn't carry on using the weather that was there at the time or carry on using live weather right now.

Exact same issues I'm having. The savegames are truly broken then...nice.

I saved a flight in the TBM a couple days ago with an IFR flight plan between KSFO and KORS. Loaded it up the next day in cruise and everything was fine except that all the automation was off and needed to be reengaged...and I had lost cabin pressure, so I had a cabin altitude warning for about 10 minutes until it got back to the target cabin altitude.

It does take maybe 15-30 seconds for the flight plan to actually appear in the avionics, even on a fresh start. YMMV, but it basically worked for me other than panel state... I had to turn the AP back on, reset the modes, turn lights back on, etc...

The feature that I'd like is the ability to save a plane at a spot and be able to change planes or the flight plan...that doesn't work, a saved flight seems to only allow you to resume that exact plane with that exact fuel and that exact flight plan.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

i note the airport where i land, and next time carry on from there.

yes savegames are borked somehow.

4 hours ago, wim123 said:

i note the airport where i land, and next time carry on from there.

yes savegames are borked somehow.

Ye doesn't work if you plan a 8 hour flight, but won't be doing that anytime soon anyway :P.

8 hours ago, KillerKlient said:

Ye doesn't work if you plan a 8 hour flight, but won't be doing that anytime soon anyway :P.

hehe ofcourse not .

its very obvious a premature release, things will get fixed.

so we have to use workarounds for now, i have no problems with that.

Please, someone, explain for dummies (me) how to save-load? I press ESC and get GENERAL, CONTROLS ect....thanks((

Save and load works for me however it only loads at the starting airport so anything longer than an hour or two is a no go for me. ☹️

Brendon Isaac

I also loose my toolbar ( atc, views) etc once I re-load a flight.  So I can't alter the weather; shame we can't use fsuipc yet?

• Upvote 1

Simon

I'm away from the pc however I found I can always save once I have a route set and can then also load the same route from the same screen. Nb saves as 2 files one with the plane and route, and the second just the route without a set plane.

It will save during a flight as well using the escape key. 

Hope it works for. 

Edited by AntillesFlyer

Brendon Isaac

I`m getting really frustrated I can`t find where is save and load options. I can`t find it anywhere. Please help me.