Sign in to follow this  
Pevenhull

Realism

Set her down ( C152 ) in a farmers pasture. Shut down and sat listening to the rooks cawing and wind whistling through the trees.

Dead impressed.

• Like 9

TBH, I ran out of gas and landed in a flat looking field.

Have phoned for a 5 gallon can of Motion Lotion.

😄

• Like 2

When you're flying across the countryside, take the drone camera, leave it locked to your plane, and then translate it down to the ground. The sound of the plane engine fades away, and you're soaring like a bird, with the ambient soundscape below you.

• Like 2

Landed the Carenado 182 in a field last night in the hilly terrain of the Derbyshire Peak District yesterday, just to see if I could do it by descending through the low clouds and judging the terrain with the landing light. That would of course be a stupid thing to do in real life, but in a sim you can try these things of course.

Managed to get it down okay, just missing a tree when rolling out to a halt. Shut it down and then left it there for a while listening to the insects in the grass and the wind in trees, it was pretty cool. Strictly speaking, in the UK you shouldn't really hear crickets at night, as the ones native to Britain are not nocturnal, but who cares? The sounds in the fields are a really nice touch.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Rectory Farm Airstrip, NW of Newark on Trent.

Ultimate Fishing for VR.

Jobsagoodun. 😁

Edited by Pevenhull
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to upset a few people now.

I do most my flying around the Midlands of England. Some trips to Cornwall via the Severn estuary.

I'm afraid to say, Orbx True Earth Great Britain has buildings and landmarks MUCH better represented than BlackShark.AI.

REAL buildings I know are not recognisable in BlackShark, but are in Orbx TE.

Runway surface textures at grass airfields is not representative. It's rough on MSFS.

One of my haunts, Bidford Gliding Club have their runway like a golf fairway. Look at it on Google Streetview. Its a pasture field on MSFS.

So is Stoney Lane. On MSFS, there's a friggin great tree right at the threshold of Runway 23. This tree does NOT exist.

Woods Farm is mown. On Google Maps Satellite view, you can see it's well kept. Its as rough as a bear's word not allowed on MSFS.

On MSFS, Wellesbourne Mountford EGBW, runways are far too narrow. I should know, I've even been in bicycle races round there.

Also at EGBW, MSFS has a tall tower just to the east of the main runway with the beacon on it. The beacon at EGBW is in BlackShark's imagination.

Incidentally, if you look at The Touchdown Cafe on Streeview, there's a girl with a brown horse. I asked for BROWN SAUCE.

All over my patch, country houses and cottages have miraculously enlarged into office blocks and hotels.

Tis the same at the other extreme. Solihull Church has been reduced to a large bike shed. That was the last straw.

Vast swathes of the Warwickshire countryside are as familiar to me on MSFS as they would be to any stranger.

Birmingham city centre on Orbx has a recognisable Post Office tower, Selfridges Building, Radison Blu, etc.

Villa Park, St Andrews, The Hawthorns, Molineux, Bescot, The Ricoh in Coventry. They all have the correct colour seating and graphics on Orbx. 

Everybody raved. After investigation, BlackShark AI gets a big thumbs down from me.

Canals and rivers are far too large. Railway lines are hardly noticable. Lots of VRPs are not as the should be.

To these ends, it is back to X-Plane for me. 

Another grumble for MSFS2020. Airplane control surfaces are not tunable to the same degree as I can tune response curves in XP.

The Elevator trim in the C152 is extremely sensitive. 

At EGBW, ATC does not respond to me. I sat there waiting for clearance to take off. I made my own decision in the end and took off with no shouting from the tower.

Oh well. I only spent £1 on Xbox Game Pass. Phew I didn't lose £60.

😪

Edited by Pevenhull
Grammar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pevenhull said:

I'm afraid to say, Orbx True Earth Great Britain has buildings and landmarks MUCH better represented than BlackShark.AI.

OrbX True Earth Great Britain costs half as much as an entire copy of MSFS, and covers one Island. MSFS covers the entire world.

---> Realistic expectations.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

OrbX True Earth Great Britain costs half as much as an entire copy of MSFS, and covers one Island. MSFS covers the entire world.

---> Realistic expectations.

One diamond ring is worth more than a bucket of brass washers. 😁

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pevenhull said:

One diamond ring is worth more than a bucket of brass washers. 😁

Now hold on, I wouldn't go about calling MSFS bucket of brass washers.

36 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Just took a look at True Earth GB by OrbX, not impressed. Looks unnatural and more like a Lego City to me.

hszIJFQ.jpg

Where is it?