Sign in to follow this  
JALJALJAL

Crashing after takeoff

I'm pretty new to this but pretty impressed with how relatively easy it was to setup.  The first couple of days it was pretty enjoyable and I was taking off and flying around a few selected areas OK.  Today however, I cant even take off.  I get off the ground OK and then a voice starts shouting "yaw" or "jaw" and I nosedive into the ground.  As a newbie, I have all the settings on easy which I thought would at least get me off the ground.  Any ideas on what Im doing wrong (or not doing right"?  Thanks

Not sure what airplane you are flying, but if it's something more advanced you might be getting a "stall" warning. What is your airspeed when this happens?

Had a similar issue right after installation.  In my case the solution was to calibrate the joystick in Windows.

Also make sure your autopilot is off. I've been burned by this one a few times. I take off and the plane just wants to dive back onto the runway. It's because the autopilot is switched on and the altitude is set to 0. This happened to me in the Cessna 172 and at least one other GA plane (can't remember which now). I thought my trim was going crazy and setting itself nose down. Speaking of trim, also make sure it's set to takeoff position before takeoff.

25 minutes ago, JALJALJAL said:

It's a Cessna and I think the speed is 60/70.  I'll also try recalibrating the joystick, thanks.  

why not take the lessons with the c152, then maybe at least you know what you are doing.

or see squirells instruction vids on youtube.

1 hour ago, ivng said:

Had a similar issue right after installation.  In my case the solution was to calibrate the joystick in Windows.

Just calibrated the joystick and all working again, thanks.

• Like 1