Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

My AI co-pilot is on strike!

My AI co-pilot is on strike for the second day in a raw! I only let me him to handle the radio, but he refuses to do so ! Obviously restarting PC and MSFS won't make him any happier! What gives? Anyone has experienced similar problem? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance! 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Mine (I'm wondering if it might be what aircraft you have chosen to fly) does great with the radio. However, when entering the pattern he/she has a stroke.

Be thankful you didn't give him control of the plane! There's a slight chance he might get you to the destination unscathed but he'll more than likely either.........

• Damage the plane on takeoff
  • Go part way then decide that isn't a great idea and go somewhere else
  • Crash on landing

In summary, I don't think he is anywhere near finished yet.

12 minutes ago, Tinribs said:

Mine (I'm wondering if it might be what aircraft you have chosen to fly) does great with the radio. However, when entering the pattern he/she has a stroke.

I've been flying Baron for the last couple days. And first few legs of my fight it worked great!

12 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

Be thankful you didn't give him control of the plane! There's a slight chance he might get you to the destination unscathed but he'll more than likely either.........

• Damage the plane on takeoff
  • Go part way then decide that isn't a great idea and go somewhere else
  • Crash on landing

In summary, I don't think he is anywhere near finished yet.

I  have learn my lesson about given AI airplane control; therefore, I used it only to work the radios! 🙂

• Like 1

Seems like I have found away to fix my AI. Basically issue is happening after consequent back to back several legs in any airplane. AI just stop working after few flight. However, if I change airplane, load it up. Then go back to main menu and load originally intended airplane to fly AI is handling radios again! Some kind of voodoo magic, but works so far! May be AI gets bored flying in one airplane all the time, who knows! 

Can't complain about him so far:

At least in the early alpha he managed to perform a perfect approach and soft landing into QUITO (the old one) in the TBM 930! :laugh:

Edited by fly_edds

Regards, Sebastian

What settings do you use for the ai to fly point to point. Do you have to set the flight settings up for an ai plane?  I see that the takeoff works well but the landings never occur. Either the plane crashes and flips on the ground, fly around in a endless circle or give up and fly away. I'm not an expert on flight dynamics which is probably the problem. Thank you