Sign in to follow this  
Hari

Cessna Citation Longitude Autothrottle functionailty

Hello premium deluxe flyers,

The Autothrottle  functionality in the Citation Logitude is slightly obscured and is behind the throttle levers. One can see this when you hover slightly behind the Throttle levers and the Tooltip reads " Disengage Autohrottle" by default. However , the clickspot is ellusive and I tried several different places and Left click/right click near the throttles to "Disengage "and the "RE-engage " it. I wanted to manually adjust the  "SPD" button on the AP console from "FMS to MAN" and set the speed at 250 knots and let the autothrottle take over.  I have had NO LUCK doing this. Has anyone else been successful at it? Some guidance/pointers would be welcome and appreciated.

Finally, is there a good way to bind this Autothrottle functionality "engage/ disengage"  to a button Or switch  on the Thrustmaster Warthog throttles Or the Saitek Joystick? 

Best regards and thanks 

Hari

I hope someone replies to this. I’ve got the Longitude figured out except for this issue. Pain having to manually control speed. I set my speed and set it to MAN but the A/T won’t engage. 

I've found it, I pretty much only fly the longitude. After engaging selected air speed mode on the  MCP, turn the dial to your selected speed and finally press the engage autothrottle button located on the stem of the throttle 

Hey guys, the A/T buttons are hiding in plain site.  Push the thrust levers forward and look from the rear.  Those two buttons with the built-in protection around them are the A/T buttons.  One push to engage, a second push to disengage.  Straight forward Citation thinking, just never had them before.

Good Luck with your flying.

1868945211_C700ATbuttons.JPG.98705c994231f0b4da35525b58af4552.JPG

• Like 4

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Are you sure the Longitude has an auto throttle? The CJ4 does not, but I don't have enough experience yet with the Longitude. In the CJ4 the speed control is used set a speed and the autopilot adjusts the pitch to try to maintain that speed, but the throttle is still pilot manually controlled. I'll be interested if the Longitude is different.

I just found on the Cessna Longitude website that it has fully integrated auto throttles. So the model should simulate this. I'll be fling this to check it out.

I mapped the “AutoThrottle ARM” in the Options/Control menu and bound it to button 6 on my Hotas Warthog Throttle controller
Before take off, I the manually changed the “SPD” button on the AP panel from “FMS” to “MAN” , set the speed to 250 knots. After take off I clicked the newly created button 6 and VOILA!! the aircraft settled at exactly that speed.
Best regards

Hari

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 2:09 PM, raymar said:

Hey guys, the A/T buttons are hiding in plain site.  Push the thrust levers forward and look from the rear.  Those two buttons with the built-in protection around them are the A/T buttons.  One push to engage, a second push to disengage.  Straight forward Citation thinking, just never had them before.

Good Luck with your flying.

1868945211_C700ATbuttons.JPG.98705c994231f0b4da35525b58af4552.JPG

Thanks! I had no idea where the AT was. 

Yep, I finally figured it out also.  However how do you Use the FMS setting?  Also is there a way to auto land with the auto throttle?  Furthermore, has anyone figured out how to get the total ETA instead of just the left ETE?

On 8/22/2020 at 4:10 PM, andyjohnston.net said:

I've made a tutorial on using the Longitude, in the process of uploading it now.

Hope there's something in there for getting around CTD issues on medium to long range flights...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I don't fly with AT enabled...it's completely erratic.  It's a default aircraft so I'm not too disappointed.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's the Nav button in the middle of the auto flight panel. Make sure you've got the FMS mode selected on the PFD.

Mike Beckwith