Sign in to follow this  
joby33y

GPS Out ? LittleNavMap connection?

Greetings, 

couple questions :

1.  Does this new sim support 'broadcast GPS data to newtwork' or similar , like P3D and XPlane both do ?  I want my Foreflight ! 

2.  Has anyone successfully linked the new sim to communicate with LittleNavMap ?  

thanks all, 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

8 minutes ago, joby33y said:

Greetings, 

couple questions :

1.  Does this new sim support 'broadcast GPS data to newtwork' or similar , like P3D and XPlane both do ?  I want my Foreflight ! 

2.  Has anyone successfully linked the new sim to communicate with LittleNavMap ?  

thanks all, 

ANSWER TO #2

Not a problem, LNM works out of the box(that if you already have LNM set up and working for P3D) using the same simconnect(cant remember exactely which version) from P3D v4/v5.

Just turn on LNM and it will work 🙂

It also works on the network using their 'littlenavmap connect' server.

• Like 1

Doesn’t using sim connect apps make the sim stutter like crazy though?  One to watch for before you reinstall the whole sim lol

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, merlinux said:

LNM works out of the box(that if you already have LNM set up and working for P3D) using the same simconnect(cant remember exactely which version) from P3D v4/v5.

Little Navmap worked great in the Beta.  Currently it's causing bad stuttering for many people, including myself.  It's a known problem and they've said they're working on it.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 minute ago, LHookins said:

Little Navmap worked great in the Beta.  Currently it's causing bad stuttering for many people, including myself.  It's a known problem and they've said they're working on it.

Hook

oh! was that the cause of my stuttering? thanks for the info!!! 🙂

• Like 1

As the author says in lnm support forum here at avsim: Disable AI in the LNM connection dialog if using MSFS2020 to avoid stutters.

• Like 3

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

They are saying 'turn OFF ' AI tracking in LNM to solve the stutters.  I'm installing now, will report back....

Thanks all for the replies.  

• Like 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

1 minute ago, Marco Manieri said:

As the author says in lnm support forum here at avsim: Disable AI in the LNM connection dialog if using MSFS2020 to avoid stutters.

Thanks will try!

MSFS 2020 GPS Broadcast to network SOLVED

Thought I'd put my 5 cents here

1 .Install FSUIPC7. Latest version does not require any FMFS .dll. It installs on C:/FSUIPC7 folder or simply put it on the desktop. In the settings just enable GPSout option. It will broadcast GPS NMEA Data to network through com port 7 i think.

2. I Purchased a Bluetooth USB stick for PC (Cheap). Enter Bluetooth settings and select COM Port 7 or whichever FSUIPC7 is broadcasting to and done. NMEA data will be available to any Bluetooth device if you pair it with your PC.

I myself use it for Android Fly-Is-Fun which among other things will also let you use Virtual ILS approach to any airport or grass strip regardless if the airport has any ILS.

Thank for you attention