Sign in to follow this  
sssooopppeee

MSFS Live Weather many problems.

3 hours ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

I live in Toluca Mexico the airport is like 8,200ft.. I always got clouds in the middle of the runway.. I flew only in this airports at the moment: MMDY (Valle de Bravo aeródromo) MMJC (Atizapan) MMTO (Toluca INTL) MMPC (Pachuca).

There is also something wrong with the Beechcraft plane it’s cruise speed supposed to be 170kts I only get 120kts indicated with 3 knots of headwind plus I was flying at 12,000ft..

Yep, the Bonanza speeds are wrong... not good. Also on approach, with full flaps... FULL power and no increase in speed. There is a lot of work to be done. My live weather has been working in terms of Clouds... sometimes pressure, and sometimes temps. ATIS never matches the portrayed conditions. Windsock doesn't work right from a distance. Buggggy

5 hours ago, FlyTheK said:

Running the "FlightSimulator.exe" as Administrator fixed the issue and Live Weather is now working for me.  🙂

What aspect of live weather?  All the cloud layers, temperatures, winds aloft and pressure or just cloud depiction?

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

I find it hit or miss. I looked for several places in the US and Europe that were having bad weather. What was displayed was not what the metars were saying.  *IF* the sim is reading the metar it's doing it wrong. If it's not reading the metar, what is it using as its source for the weather, Really leave a LOT to be desired.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I want to say default FSX weather was more accurate. I remember the abrupt turbulence from changing winds a loft, but at least there was winds aloft LOL.

• Like 1

I wasn't able to utilize the live-weather feature since release. The only way I'm able to use it, is to deactivate the IPv6 protocol in my network properties.

Go into your Network Connections (Start > View network connections), then select the network connection you're using for your internet, right click and select Properties and untick Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).

After activating the protocol I don't have any live weather, instead it's clear skies and the wind is at 270 at 5 knots.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1