Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Why MFS2020 may not matter

I have to admit that my mind is pretty numb after watching this roll out. Like most, I expected that it would be a dumpster fire and it was. I live in Pensacola and today I see that the Gulf Coast in expecting not one but 2 possible land falling hurricanes one in LA and 1 on the Alabama/Florida state line. Now I am not talking about in the same year, not even during the same week, oh no! It looks like on about the same day!! I never even thought that was possible! Considering all of the things the world has faced in 2020 I ask you support in a email campaign to remove the 2020 name from this simulator. The year 2020 has become the new Friday the 13th. That you all in advance and I am now going back and crawling under my bed until 2021 and  i will be coming out in 2021 and see how things are going.

• Like 5

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

How about calling it Flight Simulator: Dystopia Edition?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

Well on my PC it`s called "Microsoft Flight Simulator" i don`t see 2020 on my PC only on the forums.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

When FSX first came out on 2006 I bought it in the first month seeing it in a store but for whatever reason didn't open it or  install it for about a year, when I did I just tried it and put it aside. Reason for that was I was too heavily invested in FS2004 and FSX had no third party and it was a hog to run. It wasn't until 2009, three years after its release I started using it between FS2004 and FSX, and not until 2011 that I stopped using FS2004. Any release of a flight sim is like that.

With this latest release I did install it a day after release, not right away, as of now I have spent under an hour with it. I like it, but just like with FSX and any other release before this one will take time to come of age as well. I am still happy and heavily invested with P3D, especially with the heavies. The default A320, 747 and 787 are far too basic for me but for General Aviation flying with this latest release is fantastic out of the box. Therefore it has it's place with me for that

Until PMDG starts releasing bug free aircraft I am fine using P3D for heavies and Flight Sim 2020 for some fun GA flying and exploring, I won't be picky about the anomalies either, fly the plane and don't stare at the landmarks 🤣

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 4

Matthew Kane

You want us to email to ask that numbers, which are not actually part of a name, be removed from that name? Okay, and whilst I'm at it, I shall demand they also remove the dinosaurs and unicorns which aren't part of it either.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I want my money back!   I want my money back!!!!    Oh, I forgot, I didn't spend any on it! Maybe in 6 months. 🤪

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

All things in Moderation.

There ya go.  Hesiod.  And all this time I thought it was Aristotle.

Whew.  That forum is a ZOO.  I can't even keep up with it, so I stopped trying.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I've been watching those storms too. This will be the first time in recorded history two tropical systems have been in the Gulf at the same time. COME ON 2021.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

@shivers9 When you first mentioned the storms, I though that you were inferring that the new sim may not matter due to the scenery being out of date thanks to mother nature going on a rampage..

I think that most are using 2020 as a way of making sure that they differentiate against the Microsoft Flight Simulator which came out in 2006... :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

14 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

@shivers9 When you first mentioned the storms, I though that you were inferring that the new sim may not matter due to the scenery being out of date thanks to mother nature going on a rampage..

I think that most are using 2020 as a way of making sure that they differentiate against the Microsoft Flight Simulator which came out in 2006... :cool:

No I think you missed my point. It is probably because you guys on that side of the big pond don't do very well with the English Language. LOL! Just joking! LOL.

I really don't care one way or the other what they call this new Bing Map viewer. I was just making a bit of fun about the actual year 2020 and how strange things have been.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

5 hours ago, shivers9 said:

...you guys on that side of the big pond don't do very well with the English Language...

I see your banter and raise you" I am fluent in English and can understand American!" :biggrin:🍻

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 8/21/2020 at 2:49 PM, shivers9 said:

I have to admit that my mind is pretty numb after watching this roll out. Like most, I expected that it would be a dumpster fire and it was. I live in Pensacola and today I see that the Gulf Coast in expecting not one but 2 possible land falling hurricanes one in LA and 1 on the Alabama/Florida state line. Now I am not talking about in the same year, not even during the same week, oh no! It looks like on about the same day!! I never even thought that was possible! Considering all of the things the world has faced in 2020 I ask you support in a email campaign to remove the 2020 name from this simulator. The year 2020 has become the new Friday the 13th. That you all in advance and I am now going back and crawling under my bed until 2021 and  i will be coming out in 2021 and see how things are going.

I'm with you. I'm in Central Florida and I was praying it wouldn't hit me. The last several years was enough. I do pray for our northern Gulf Coast though. For anyone that's been through even Cat 1 it's no party. 

Stay safe. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

On 8/22/2020 at 2:49 AM, shivers9 said:

Ironically, it's been perhaps the best year ever for flight simulation.

• First up, X-Plane finally released the long-awaited, semi-mythical Vulkan version.
  • Then LM came out of nowhere with a new v5 version that added a raft of new features and improved perfromance.
  • Finally, we have new Microsoft sim, which as Wobbie will tell you does NOT have 2020 in the title, so that's all good too!

So enjoy your sims, and I'll be hoping the both hurricanes decide to take a different path so that your simming is not interrupted (I live in a "hurricane alley" myself, so I'm very aware of how disrupted it is to flight sim time to have to turn off computers for electrical storms, power your sim from a generator, evacuate with only a laptop to play on as you avoid storm surges etc etc).

Stay safe! 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 8/22/2020 at 5:07 PM, shivers9 said:

No I think you missed my point. It is probably because you guys on that side of the big pond don't do very well with the English Language. LOL! Just joking! LOL.

Using snuck and airplane proves Americans don’t do very well either. Just joking!

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather